• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

Internet Ski Pro

Image from r/icecoast taken around 1pm today

View attachment 62898
We had trails that looked like this in March at Blue Mountain. lol. I was at Killington over Easter, and SS was deeeeeeep. that seems like forever ago. i guess it was almost 2 months ago now.

Whats the draw for Killington to keep it open, (not thinking its a bad thing) is it just Killington being Killington? I cant see this generating tons of ticket sales or F&B sales. i would be there everyday they were open. lol. i already miss skiing.

BodeMiller1

A one year OL special would be really cool.

Did they make final decision to end yesterday? From the looks of the webcam this morning, doesn't seem like 6/1 can happen.
Truer words have never been spoken. I skied it with the U.S. Womans SKI Team. It was awesome to see how they negotiated the top (they were trying to save their legs). This was when Mr. Otten was about to lose Killington and a couple others.

Not to brag (yea right). Skied the front five at Cannon with several a good part of the Austria Womans Olympic team. They were getting ready for Vancouver. Interesting riding the lifts. I stayed away from them on the slopes. Very nice ladies. They loved Cannon. Those girls could hunt.

skiur

We had trails that looked like this in March at Blue Mountain. lol. I was at Killington over Easter, and SS was deeeeeeep. that seems like forever ago. i guess it was almost 2 months ago now.

Whats the draw for Killington to keep it open, (not thinking its a bad thing) is it just Killington being Killington? I cant see this generating tons of ticket sales or F&B sales. i would be there everyday they were open. lol. i already miss skiing.

Season passes, and especially spring passes.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
There is still hope … Last official update from 5:30 PM yesterday was β€œAs for skiing we are asking you all to stay tuned as we assess conditions and see if it’s going to be possible to get some June turns in this year.”
I 've seen/skied worse on closing day at Killington. If I were a betting man (and I'm not), I would consider a bet on Killington spinning SS on June 1 to be a no-brainer.

Newpylong

Still a lot of time until Saturday and there is already one break that is an entire tower to tower length. I'm not seeing it...

jaytrem

Still a lot of time until Saturday and there is already one break that is an entire tower to tower length. I'm not seeing it...
77 and sunny on Friday certainly won't help. Clouds today might be good thing as long as it doesn't rain too much. I agree with you, don't see it, but hopefully we're wrong.

letitsnow1

I 've seen/skied worse on closing day at Killington. If I were a betting man (and I'm not), I would consider a bet on Killington spinning SS on June 1 to be a no-brainer.
I agree it will be patch skiing so they can hand out t-shirts and say they were open till june

thetrailboss

Staff member
Only stickers last year no t-shirts
Yeah, we're talking about POWDR here. They just closed Snowbird with nearly a 100" base. I fully expect them to not reopen Killington. If Killington does reopen, it shows you all the respect that POWDR gives to Mike S. and the power that he has.

urungus

Only stickers last year no t-shirts
Yeah that was weak. However over on KZone someone posted on Monday β€œthere's rumors that the june 1 t-shirts have been made and the lifties say they're scheduled for next saturday. i'm sure we'll be walking or rappelling down the HW with other sections of walking or dirt skiing. but who knows maybe the groomers can work their magic for one final dance.”

deadheadskier

Staff member
Killington just teased June 1st on Facebook with drone footage. As impossible as it looks to patch together, I think they end up going for it.

letitsnow1

Killington just teased June 1st on Facebook with drone footage. As impossible as it looks to patch together, I think they end up going for it.
Just looked at the cams, be sure to switch to the winter CAMs page so you get the mountain view cam. SS is completely shot, no way they spin that lift this weekend.
They'll probably open but it won't be top to bottom, plenty of walking between snow patches like June 4 2022

drjeff

Looks like per the webcam view this morning, they did some cat work last night to try and piece together the headwall to the patch a few towers down on the upper flat, as well as some patching together on Preston's Pitch.

They seemed to have dodged a bullet with the heavy rain that fell/still is falling across Southern New England the last 12 hrs or so, not making it much further North than Southern VT.

They are giving it all they can to get some June 1st turns