• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

machski

Looks like per the webcam view this morning, they did some cat work last night to try and piece together the headwall to the patch a few towers down on the upper flat, as well as some patching together on Preston's Pitch.

They seemed to have dodged a bullet with the heavy rain that fell/still is falling across Southern New England the last 12 hrs or so, not making it much further North than Southern VT.

They are giving it all they can to get some June 1st turns
Yeah, they are giving it a shot. They probably do open, I would think for just the morning session if they do. By midday, it will be a ton of walking with a few turns to be made here and there. Preston's may hold up ok, the rest will be hiking or rock/dirt skiing mostly.

jaytrem

I'm surprised they started moving the snow around so early again, but I guess they know what they're doing. Forecast is a little cooler and cloudier than it was earlier. Definitely looking better.

cdskier

They announced they plan to open 9-4 on Saturday with tickets being $25. I still don't see what's left holding up enough to offer more than a couple patches of actual skiing towards the top and bottom. The whole middle still looks to be barely holding on.

skiur

Don’t let the web cams fool you! Our grooming team has done some late season calculations and assures us there is enough snow remaining that with a little farming, they’ll be able to piece together one final day of skiing and riding for the 2023/24 season on June 1st.

The plan is to connect the Superstar trail below the headwall for nearly 1000’ of vertical. Some walking, including on and off the chairlift will be required, and the skiing and riding is recommended for experts only.

The Superstar Express Quad is scheduled to spin from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Saturday June 1st, but hours may change based on conditions. Tickets will be $25 (all ages), with proceeds benefitting Killington Mountain Bike Club, in honor of National Trails Day. Commemorative T-shirts will be given out while supplies last, so get here early for the best coverage and to nab your souvenir.

deadheadskier

Staff member

djd66

The Superstar Express Quad is scheduled to spin from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Saturday June 1st, but hours may change based on conditions. Tickets will be $25 (all ages), with proceeds benefitting Killington Mountain Bike Club, in honor of National Trails Day. Commemorative T-shirts will be given out while supplies last, so get here early for the best coverage and to nab your souvenir.
Wow $25,... that's great and generous of Killington to pull this off and donating all funds to charity!

Maybe @SteezyRob can afford this price

cdskier

Wow $25,... that's great and generous of Killington to pull this off and donating all funds to charity!

Maybe @SteezyRob can afford this price

Speaking of prices...I saw someone comment on social media today that they went to K last weekend for the first time and loved it and were happy to pay full price and thought it was well worth it for the amount of effort K put in. So guess the ~$90 wasn't as crazy and "unfair" as someone here claimed :ROFLMAO:

drjeff

Currently at about 5:30AM, they've got atleast 4 cats working on the hill farming snow to put as mamy of the patches together based on what can be seen on the webcams

One things for sure, with all of the farming they're doing, the final melt out of the snow is going to happen pretty quick, as there's going to be very likely a fairly uniform amount of snow all along Superstar, rather than the random still relativley "deep" piles and much thinner areas everywhere else

deadheadskier

Staff member
Seems like they'll have a pretty decent product. 100 or so foot walk down the headwall and then a continuous run to the bottom. Probably won't last very long, but good for them. I'm impressed. Should be a fun day for those who make it.

Smellytele

Seems like they'll have a pretty decent product. 100 or so foot walk down the headwall and then a continuous run to the bottom. Probably won't last very long, but good for them. I'm impressed. Should be a fun day for those who make it.
Still trying to talk the wife into heading to VT tomorrow to doing some "sight seeing" (and me taking a couple of runs)