• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington 🎿🏂🏂🎿🎿🏂🏂🎿😀

skiur

As per kzone:

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Killington Resort Sold for $175 Million

Killington, VT – August 21, 2024 – Killington Resort, one of the premier ski destinations in the United States, has been sold for $175 million to a private investment group. The transaction marks a significant milestone in the resort’s history and promises to bring new opportunities for growth and development.

The new owners, who have a strong track record in the hospitality and leisure industry, plan to invest in enhancing the resort’s facilities and services. This includes upgrading the ski infrastructure, expanding lodging options, and introducing new recreational activities to attract visitors year-round.

“We are thrilled to take ownership of Killington Resort and are committed to preserving its legacy while also bringing fresh ideas and improvements,” said the spokesperson for the investment group. “Our goal is to make Killington an even more attractive destination for skiers, snowboarders, and outdoor enthusiasts.”

Killington Resort, located in the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains, is renowned for its extensive ski terrain, vibrant après-ski scene, and family-friendly atmosphere. The resort features over 1,500 acres of skiable terrain, 155 trails, and 22 lifts, making it a favorite among winter sports enthusiasts.

The sale is expected to be finalized by the end of the year, with the new owners taking over operations immediately thereafter. The current management team will work closely with the new owners to ensure a smooth transition and continued excellence in guest services.

For more information, please contact:

Mike Solimano
President
800-621-6867

Last edited:

machski

Yeah, hoax is right. Nothing on mainstream ski news feeds, no press release on Killington's web page (which is what this cut from KZone would appear to be). Someone trying to be smart and act like they have inside knowledge. Pathetic

thetrailboss

Staff member
appears to be an elaborate hoax.
Agree. I have never seen a press release that fails to identify who is buying the resort. If a company dropped $175 mil for the mountain they would want the world to know.

And said press release would have been posted here: https://www.killington.com/media-room/press-releases

I don't see it.

I chalk this up to someone being very bored during the summer months and stirring up something.

urungus

Agree. I have never seen a press release that fails to identify who is buying the resort. If a company dropped $175 mil for the mountain they would want the world to know.

And said press release would have been posted here: https://www.killington.com/media-room/press-releases

I don't see it.

I chalk this up to someone being very bored during the summer months and stirring up something.
For sure. And most press releases don’t invite the reader to reach out personally to the company president, then list the 800 number of the company’s main phone line. Imagine calling that number and asking to speak to Mike, LOL

jimmywilson69

ron burgundy GIF

thetrailboss

Staff member
For sure. And most press releases don’t invite the reader to reach out personally to the company president, then list the 800 number of the company’s main phone line. Imagine calling that number and asking to speak to Mike, LOL
I have to wonder if Mike has gotten any calls today! :ROFLMAO: