• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

RH29

No slower than the lift it's replacing, and far more user friendly regardless of nostalgia.
Standing is less user friendly than sitting. It is definitely slower - Bonanza is approximately 2.5 minutes, this will be more like 4.5. A carpet should replace the rope tow, and the lift should either be left intact or replaced with a new skytrac or something.

machski

Excited about South Ridge being run more frequently !
I would count on it running much more frequently than Fridays in addition to the weekends. They said at the meeting they have seen a 40% increase in Friday visitations and more moderate increase midweek. So I think Friday's is basically the increase for South Ridge but I guess time will tell.

urungus

I would count on it running much more frequently than Fridays in addition to the weekends. They said at the meeting they have seen a 40% increase in Friday visitations and more moderate increase midweek. So I think Friday's is basically the increase for South Ridge but I guess time will tell.
I was reading KZone this morning and they said that at the meeting it was announced that the new operating schedule for South Ridge Quad will be Wednesday through Sunday. Many other details discussed, including ruining of The Stairs with mountain biking berms, and construction of satellite lots for Snowshed / Ramshead parking beginning in Q1 2025, in advance of losing those lots in Q1 2026 for village construction https://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48225

Last edited:

machski

I was reading KZone this morning and they said that at the meeting it was announced that the new operating schedule for South Ridge Quad will be Wednesday through Sunday. Many other details discussed, including ruining of The Stairs with mountain biking berms, and construction of satellite lots for Snowshed / Ramshead parking beginning in Q1 2025, in advance of losing those lots in Q1 2026 for village construction https://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48225
Well, that is good. But if there is very little usage say Wednesday/Thursdays I'm sure that may get pulled back. Maybe not, after all they made the purchase debt free which is one hell of a starting point.

IceEidolon

A carpet is usually limited to 185 fpm.

The longest conveyor lift I know of is the Blackwater Falls sled lift, which is at least 1400' long. Often they're kept to 399' or less because of the easier staffing requirements, as well as the standing up issue. I think swapping a chairlift for a carpet will definitely change the experience, but the new ownership has IMO earned enough trust with their other moves for me to want to wait and see. Carpets are definitely a better experience for most never-evers.

gittist

"***1st Quarter 2026: Parking spots are relocated to the new parking lot down the Access Road. The era of taking shuttle buses to get to the mountain begins at Killington***"

So much for front row Subaru parking and walking about two hundred feet to the Ramshead Lodge :-(. Sounds like a Vail plan, cater to the people who pay hundreds of $$ to stay on the slopes and make it painful for day trippers & locals.

urungus

"***1st Quarter 2026: Parking spots are relocated to the new parking lot down the Access Road. The era of taking shuttle buses to get to the mountain begins at Killington***"

So much for front row Subaru parking and walking about two hundred feet to the Ramshead Lodge :-(. Sounds like a Vail plan, cater to the people who pay hundreds of $$ to stay on the slopes and make it painful for day trippers & locals.
Also I believe about half of the Bear parking lot is going to be lost due to development over there. Is expanding the Skyeship lot a possibility ?

Newpylong

No not half maybe a 1/6 of usable Bear space will be unavailable.

Not much more room at Skyeship, they probably could squeeze a few more spaces on the west side of Route 4. The lots already hug the river and mountain right as it is.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Not much more room at Skyeship, they probably could squeeze a few more spaces on the west side of Route 4. The lots already hug the river and mountain right as it is.

and that 1/6th was rarely ever used as the mass society of dumb-dumbs usually never found it.

I had some friends that would rent and park an RV there each season for a few midweek days. How they got away with it all these years I will never know. I was never part of that group but I was close enough that when I would ski K and saw the RV parked I'd stop for a beer/burger. Fun times, too bad it will be all condos now. A very bizarre spot for condos being far from everything except skiing but I guess Sunrise is as well...

Smellytele

and that 1/6th was rarely ever used as the mass society of dumb-dumbs usually never found it.

I had some friends that would rent and park an RV there each season for a few midweek days. How they got away with it all these years I will never know. I was never part of that group but I was close enough that when I would ski K and saw the RV parked I'd stop for a beer/burger. Fun times, too bad it will be all condos now. A very bizarre spot for condos being far from everything except skiing but I guess Sunrise is as well...
Need to reopen sunrise. I know it will never happen.

machski

Time to build a multi level parking structure at Skyeship. They could, question is will they.

Newpylong

Yep, not likely. You can actually stuff quite a few cars in there.

I wonder if something could be worked out with the owners of the ex-Northeast Passage base lodge to allow parking there and run the shuttle to Skyeship. There is a lot of space there. That would have been a good one to work into the deed when it was sold.

Last edited: