• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

King of Spring

Angus

a few minutes to spare and thought to look at the situation as of this morning's reports, acreage in ()... Sugarloaf (168); Killington (35); Sugarbush (96); Sunday River (115) with Jay and Stowe both open but not reporting acreage.

cdskier

Jay and Stowe both open but not reporting acreage.

Jay reports acreage in the Snocountry reports (135 as of the last update). It would be nice if Stowe reported acreage, although I still prefer to look at a combination of both miles and acreage together instead of looking only at one or the other to get a more complete picture of the situation.

chuckstah

a few minutes to spare and thought to look at the situation as of this morning's reports, acreage in ()... Sugarloaf (168); Killington (35); Sugarbush (96); Sunday River (115) with Jay and Stowe both open but not reporting acreage.

While acres is one good measure of open terrain, at this time of year it is often exaggerated. Most, if not all areas will report total acreage for a given trail. If It's open one groomer wide, the full acreage will be reported. I also like seeing miles and acres to decide where to go. Trails has no real meaning these days. I was at Sunday River this past weekend. Some trails were wall to wall, some a groomer wide in spots, and a little walking on one trail. I'm sure it was similar at the other open resorts.