• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Laurel Mountain opens again

jimmywilson69

I've never skied there when it's been operating. We uses to take snowmobiles back there and ski it. The Lower Wildcat trail is definitely the steepest slope in PA as advertised. This isn't far from my parents new house, and I'll definitely be giving them some money this season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

jimk

I've never skied there when it's been operating. We uses to take snowmobiles back there and ski it. The Lower Wildcat trail is definitely the steepest slope in PA as advertised. This isn't far from my parents new house, and I'll definitely be giving them some money this season.

I hope to ski it in a few weeks with a buddy that lives nearby. Will post a trip report with photos when I do.:thumbup:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The Lower Wildcat trail is definitely the steepest slope in PA as advertised.

Well it does have long sustained pitch for a good section , Hill map has it around 24-25 degrees but Sasquatch at Bear Creek has a section that is 28 ( 100yds... ish ) White Lightning at Montage is a solid 28 for almost a ten of a mile.

edit Blue Knob Upper to Lower Extrovert 30 deg.

Their location is definately in a sweet spot for snow in Pa.

Last edited:

p_levert

I thought Avalanche at Ski Denton was the steepest slope in PA. I have been there and I think it's steeper than Upper Extrovert at Blue Knob although certainly not as steep as the top of Starr at Stowe, or even The Wall at Holiday Valley.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I thought Avalanche at Ski Denton was the steepest slope in PA. I have been there and I think it's steeper than Upper Extrovert at Blue Knob although certainly not as steep as the top of Starr at Stowe, or even The Wall at Holiday Valley.

I haven't been to either just looked up the trail angles on Hill map website. It uses topo maps for basis of angle calculation if the maps off that would explain it.
http://www.hillmap.com/

p_levert

I haven't been to either just looked up the trail angles on Hill map website. It uses topo maps for basis of angle calculation if the maps off that would explain it.
http://www.hillmap.com/

Silicone- That's a great site for a map geek like me! Thanks.

If anyone makes it to Laurel, please post an opinion about the possibility of tree skiing. Looking at the map, it seems like there should be some possibilities.

danimals

Keep in mind that Denton is closed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

Silicone- That's a great site for a map geek like me! Thanks.

If anyone makes it to Laurel, please post an opinion about the possibility of tree skiing. Looking at the map, it seems like there should be some possibilities.

When we used to ski there when it was closed the trees were in play. That was 18 years ago and usually when the snow was deep. Actually had decent spacing, but not sure how much under growth there is there now.