• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Around the fifth inning, I fully expected to post in this thread after the game that I felt personally violated as I've never seen a team get their ass kicked so bad as the Red Sox did by the Devil Rays. Total domination by the Rays the last three games.....until the 7th tonight

amazing:beer:

FRITOLAYGUY

one game at a time, i think if they can just keep them scoreless and not let them get off to these fast starts they will get real tight real quick in game 6 and hopefully 7

Mildcat

Does anyone else think Joe Maddon looks like Drew Carey with those glasses?

Philpug

I am glad i stayed up.

As great as the NFL is, nothing like this can happen in football. Not having a clock makes baseball great.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Does anyone else think Joe Maddon looks like Drew Carey with those glasses?

Gene Hackman in "Enemy of the State".

brill-treebug.jpg
3hM2g9Sg.jpg

ComeBackMudPuddles

Well, I give you credit for being a fan of the game and still paying attention even though the fate of your team's season was a foregone conclusion in July :razz:

LOL...Thanks. Actually, I had a strong hunch the season was done on June 16, which when Wang went down for the season running the bases in Houston. And that wasn't so much that I thought Wang is extraordinary or anything (he's only pretty good), but, rather, just the sad realization that the team couldn't make it with Pettitte, Moose and random scrubs (Rasner? Ponson? Seriously?). Joba got my hopes up in July, only to have them dashed again in early August when his shoulder got balky.

I've got to be honest and say that if the Rays close it out, I'll celebrate Torre and the Red Sox being out, but I don't think I'll then follow things that closely anymore.....

deadheadskier

Staff member
We're cut from the same cloth. If the Red Sox are out, I still pay attention until the Yankees are done. It's only when both team's seasons are finished that I stop watching.

I'm sure the TV people are praying the Sox pull it out as much as the fans are. A Rays / Phillies Series could potential set a record for lowest ratings.

drjeff

I'll admit that out of disgust I changed channels @ 10 and watched CSI that I had recorded on the DVR. Then went bed and was jaw drop shocked when I watched the news this AM.

BUT, I will take some credit for their win, and heres why. Last night as I was figuring out which scrubs to wear today it was a choice between the Red Sox Scrubs and the Patriots Scrubs. Figuring that I might take some cr@p from a HUGE Yankee's fan patient that I knew I had coming into the office today, I went for the Pats scrubs. End of story- Sox win. So now my Red Sox scrubs will stay folded in the closet. ;)

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'm sure the TV people are praying the Sox pull it out as much as the fans are. A Rays / Phillies Series could potential set a record for lowest ratings.

That would be too bad, too, b/c there are some compelling storylines if it happens that way. I think it'd be cool how the combined World Series experience of the two teams would be about three seconds. Utley, Rollins, Howard, Hamels, Longoria, Upton, Floyd, etc....fresh blood ain't a bad thing.

Sky

I thought about my post (on page 5) all day...jumping off the bandwagon like that (albeit gracefully).

But hey...I watched the 67 world series, all those ner-do-weel teams....I saw the ball go through Buckner's legs! (now that image has been replaced by the Pat's loss in the Superbowl)

When the sox were playing well in the late 90's...I was there, only to be let down. I was in Iraq in Oct 03. When I heard they lost...I was glad they went "that" far, until I heard how they lost.

But when they won in 04...I was there (except for the end of game 3 with the yanks..too painful). When they had all those errors in game one vs St Louis and still won, I started feeling lucky. I sat there after they won game 4 and looked on in shock. I sat there for a while just numb. All those years and tears...worth every second for that moment.

When they won again last year...I was explaining to my sons that "my" father never saw the Sox win it all, and now they've seen it twice in their lifetime! #3 son brought me a paper from the commuter rail, headline "Twice in a lifetime".

It's so freakishly hard to get to to the championship, so many things have to go right for so many players...it's (for me) enough that they get to the playoffs...and make it past the first round. Beyond that it's gravy.

If the Sox don't make it to the World Series, Good luck Rays, great run, enjoy it while you can. I'm just a bit sad for the Rays and how the home town won't appreciate the sweetness of the win (if they win it all) whereas the Cubs, the Phillies....lots of other home-towns...would probably savor the win more.

*end nostalgic rant*