• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

Mildcat

Two hitting the Rays....priceless.

I thought they should have given Bartlett some chin music after the first time he didn't even try to get out of the way. Then he did the same thing against Masterson. I hope Lester throws one right under his chin in game 7.

FRITOLAYGUY

watching this game made me think of something funny being a redsox fan.. What a difference the last 5yrs have made i remember we were the Rays of this year or cleveland last year or the yankees in 04, we were always the chokers always found a way to lose, now 5yrs later were the team that never dies that nobody can ever put away and that everybody expects to do the unbelievable and come back everytime, its just very funny to me how in 5yrs time we have gone from chokers to the most feared team when we are down in the playoffs, anyone else agree with me?

Sky

anyone else agree with me?

Absolutely! Was it 98 when the famous words of "GRAND SLAM...TROY O'LEARY" (home game vs Cleveland...serious spanking of the Indians... 18 to not even close)...Pedro cames out of the bull-pen (or dugout...whatever).

That whole schtick.

So yes...completely different vibe.

And I'm serious about what I said in my previous post....Twice in a Lifetime after 86 years, with plaay-off appearances like this....no shame in not winning it all.

Last year's Celtics team didn't give me that "vibe"...not after struggling with Atlanta, then Cleveland. I need to watch that LA series again...LA demonstrated that huge come-back ability...which is why game 6 was so huge...a 30 point lead wasn't enough to keep me relaxed.

Anyway, I wonder how the Phillies are feeling right about now? Rested...or Rusted?

If Becket "spent it all" last night...he could be in all done. And a fine finish it would be.

I definitely feel like the Phillies have a better chance against the Devil Rays than the Red Sox but I still want the soxs to win....

Sky

It is like being in a dream and I am going to wake up any second ..

That is exactly how I felt in 04. Here we were, up three games to none, we're ahead in game 4, last of the ninth...two outs...Faulk pitching.

All I could think of was Billy Buckner, Bucky frickin Dent, etc.

When Faulk stabbed that grounder and threw it to Memkayvitch (I'm not appologizing for that spelling)...I sat there in awe. I wasn't jumping around, I wasn't hooting and hollering....I just sat there in shock and drank it in.

Absolutely worth the wait.

Last year's World Series win was terrific, but nothing like 04's.

powbmps

Lets hope it's not bloopers and The Hughleys for the first inning tonight.
:grin:

I almost lost my party guests. They seemed to think something was wrong with my tv. For the whole game I was getting a flickering black bar on the bottom half of my screen (Directv HD). Lucky it didn't give me a seizure. Hoping that's not there tonight.

deadheadskier

Staff member
What I do have to say is F the west coast. 8pm start times make for not so pleasant mornings on work days.