• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

ski9

Spoken like a true Yanks fan. :razz:

I'm a baseball fan. I hate what steroids have done to the game. Period. But I keep hoping for MLB to get serious and bring back the real game...btw:

Red Sox payroll: $133,440,037

Rays payroll: $43,820,598 (29th out of 30 teams)

Avg. Red Sox player salary: $4,765,716

Will Aybar's salary: $401,200
Pitcher David Price: Minimum wage ($327K)

The New England Journal of Medicine should publish a study on how steroids causes choking.

Justice is cool and good for the game.

Report: Ortiz not sure if he took steroids

May 8, 9:04 am EDT

BOSTON (TICKER) —It appears Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is not sure if he has taken steroids.

Ortiz told the Boston Herald that he could not say definitively if he had ever used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. The burly designated hitter also said that if he did, it happened when he was much younger.

“I tell you, I don’t know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up,” Ortiz told the paper. “I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it. You’ve got to be careful.

“I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that anymore because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”

~~~Yup. And Sosa forgot how to speak English in front of Congress.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm a baseball fan. I hate what steroids have done to the game. Period. But I keep hoping for MLB to get serious and bring back the real game...btw:

The New England Journal of Medicine should publish a study on how steroids causes choking.

Justice is cool and good for the game.

Report: Ortiz not sure if he took steroids

May 8, 9:04 am EDT

BOSTON (TICKER) —It appears Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is not sure if he has taken steroids.

Ortiz told the Boston Herald that he could not say definitively if he had ever used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. The burly designated hitter also said that if he did, it happened when he was much younger.

“I tell you, I don’t know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up,” Ortiz told the paper. “I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it. You’ve got to be careful.

“I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that anymore because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”

~~~Yup. And Sosa forgot how to speak English in front of Congress.

blah, blah, blah

Yankees payroll $200+ million

3rd place finish

ski9

fuck off ski

I know your stance on roids, you may be right on Papi with your beliefs, watching him struggle all season, I've thought a lot about your stance and you might be right, but unless you personally shot him up tonight, you don't know, so shut the fuck up

...try and enjoy it. If indeed that win was pure, it was one of the greatest playoff games of all time.

I'm going to be telling my grandkids about that one with a smile on my face. Apparently you will be gritting your teeth telling yours

....you really shouldn't watch baseball anymore if it affects you so bad. What will it take for the game to pass the ski9 litmus test and be pure again?

I pay attention to the game because I have loved the game longer and closer than you. Fuck steroids and the fans who don't care. And I especially love the kids who play the game clean. NOT overweight guys who suddenly get a huge jump in quick twitch muscles midway through their careers. Know what Papi did to turn it around? Read up on Floyd Landis. A great guy, too...just like Ortiz. But a cheater all the same.

wa-loaf

And how quickly will they ditch their team when the money gets waved in front of them?

deadheadskier

Staff member
ski9

Tell me you didn't have that post typed and ready to go praying the Red Sox would lose

It was a fantastic series that a lot of people, myself included really enjoyed watching. Take your hate somewhere else. You really look childish in your rants against the game coming in here trying to spoil it for those of us who still enjoy the game. Paul was right in calling you a troll

Mildcat

I was laughing about that too. The troll had to wait till they lost the series to post his crap. He already admitted he's a Yanks fan.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll stick with the AL. TB was tough all year and this was a good series. I wish them luck.

....normally I would, but when working at Snowshoe, WV I hosted one of their pitchers for his wedding. I forget which one, middle reliever no name kinda guy. He and his wife were the two biggest a-holes I ever dealt with in all my years being the maitre d for 300 plus weddings. Ever since then, the Rays are right behind the Yankees in terms of the teams I despise the most.

ski9

ski9

Tell me you didn't have that post typed and ready to go praying the Red Sox would lose

It was a fantastic series that a lot of people, myself included really enjoyed watching. Take your hate somewhere else. You really look childish in your rants against the game coming in here trying to spoil it for those of us who still enjoy the game. Paul was right in calling you a troll

Fans should rant against Donald Fehr and the protectionism given to cheaters. I haven't bought a Yankee seat in a couple of years. The game will be fixed faster when people speak up against cheating. The record books are gone for your grandkids, just as they are for mine. Calling me names and telling me to fuck off is fine. The Sox, Yanks, and Bonds have all been poster boys for cheating.

Cool if nights like this start turning things around...

Matt Garza is a hero tonight. I hope kids look up to players like him, rather than guys taking shortcuts like Ortiz. Don't you?

ski9

I was laughing about that too. The troll had to wait till they lost the series to post his crap. He already admitted he's a Yanks fan.

Yeah, bro, this is the first time I've ranted about the juiced Sox. Unless you missed the other times. I also ranted against all the other juiced players, including Yanks...

Hey, you are welcomed to root for juiced players. Some of my friends love the WWF.

But as a youth sports coach, I'm sorta hoping for lifetime bans...

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I'm going to cheer for the Phillies for my friends' 96 year old grandmother. Lifelong Philadelphia resident and all she wants is to see them win the World Series before she dies.

My grandfather was a HUGE Red Sox fan, unlike his wife and daughter who were HUGE Boston Braves fans. All he wanted was to see the Red Sox win the World Series again (yes, again), he even worked on building the bleachers way back. He died two and a half weeks before they took it in 2004. My family cheered and cried when won they because he would've been so happy, he was 95.

But, I still think he met up with Babe and said enough of the frigin Curse!!