• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Range Possibility

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
New storm on the horizon. Hopefully won’t interfere with the World Cup. That would be ironic if they would get the course all set after all the warm weather only to be cancelled due to snow.

26CE029B-7551-40A4-931D-33C46FD48AF0.jpeg

rocojerry

satdec17-png.55289

Attachments

• SatDec17.png
    SatDec17.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 134

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
One week pattern holding firm. All that needs to happen is for a low to form off the coast to keep us out of the rain.

50324EE7-383D-42FC-800D-44E059D987FB.jpeg

Scottyskis2

Winter is back
From Rebecca Facebook page
""The pattern change is now at hand.
"We will have a ridge out West, a trough in the Center of the CONUS into the Great Lakes, a ridge in the Southwest Atlantic. For the last few weeks, the storms hitting west have moved East and then Cut up over the Great Lakes. Middle Atlantic. The resulting battle ground will lead to a storm track that will bring Appalachian Runners (storms that move up the ridge of the Appalachians) and other times the storm track will be farther east allowing for Coastal Runners and sometimes Coastal Nor’easter type storms.

Appalachian Runners typically bring several inches of snow to the Ohio valley, Northwest PA, and Western into Central and Northern New York State. With those on the south and east side of the track seeing a mix and rain. The Coastal type storms can bring moderate to heavy snow to the region, depending on the exact track of the low.

Many parts of the I-95 Corridor haven’t seen any snow yet this winter. The pattern that is now developing will bring a better chance for snow for the Northeast and Middle Atlantic including the I-95 Corridor. Storm track and the placement of that ridge in the Southwest Atlantic, will be a major factor in who sees what. Not every storm will bring everyone of y’all snow, as track and timing will be key. But it’s a lot better setup for regional snow than we’ve seen so far over the winter.:

snoseek

Not to jinx anything but Monday into Tuesday next week has potential. I told my girl to not expect me around for a few days