• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 3/4?

vonski

Was thinking of hitting Magic tomorrow. Saw they closed on Monday. Anyone have any idea how they made out. Had a friend who skied Stratton Monday and he said it basically sleeted. Price is right for a day trip even with hard conditions, but wondering how if any insight on conditions!:daffy:

RustyGroomer

It will be fine. Real tough stuff might a little dicey but the East side along with Wizard on the West should ski great. Grooming has been exceptional this year. If they groomed Talisman & Sorcerer those should be real nice as well.

You'll have the place all to yourself. Wish I could join you! Not til Saturday for me this weekend. :sad:

vonski

It will be fine. Real tough stuff might a little dicey but the East side along with Wizard on the West should ski great. Grooming has been exceptional this year. If they groomed Talisman & Sorcerer those should be real nice as well.

You'll have the place all to yourself. Wish I could join you! Not til Saturday for me this weekend. :sad:

I normally ski Sugarbush, so I think I should be fine. Can't make it out this weekend but I can on Friday. So thought I would give Magic a try! :smile:

RustyGroomer

I guess what I'm saying is it won't be woods skiing & faceshots like last weekend but if you're fine with some really nice cruising on interesting winding trails you will have fun.

Word has it the groomers are out there now.

vonski

Is there a crust or is it edgeable I guess is the question. I found the woods at Sugarbush after the warmup were still edgeable. Extremely hard but edgeable! but had 2 inches of snow on top that was like butter. So if it just sleeted and did not freeze rain, It should be wonderful, but after all any day of skiing is wonderful! Thanks, the price is right too!

RustyGroomer

Hard to tell with nobody out there today. Worst case you get to try a new area have a fun day of cruising. If you want to venture into the trees try the Hallows first. Take Talisman to Bailout & look left. It's on the map but there is no sign. Very obvious though. Reason I say this is it's the mellowest woods on the mountain. Good tester.

Last weekend in some not so mellow woods. Photo credit to my friend Jake, skier Matt.
main.php

vonski

Thanks for the replies RG, but unfortunately my friend could not get the day off and then my 17 month old came home from daycare with a fever! So, I will be either putting him in a back pack or staying home. So, I guess I am staying home as his momma is having none of that. I bet it would have been a wonderful day. :sad: