• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 5 Storm?

lerops

Intriguing. I might bag this weekend's trip and do the following weekend if this looks promising. Will give it a few more days.

BenedictGomez

It's actually March 4th, but the Euro and Canadian just went nuts during the 12z suite.

Somehow I doubt I'll end up with 25" in NJ, but I'll definitely be monitoring this if it's even 1/2 this much snowfall once we get to 5 days out!

BhV5BEyCIAAXsTC.png:large

Tin

The way this winter has been I can see that map being dead on. How does this rank for NJ winters in terms of snowfall?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It's actually March 4th, but the Euro and Canadian just went nuts during the 12z suite.

Somehow I doubt I'll end up with 25" in NJ, but I'll definitely be monitoring this if it's even 1/2 this much snowfall once we get to 5 days out!

BhV5BEyCIAAXsTC.png:large

And the winner is...New Jersey! For the 194th time this year! Have fun digging out till May!

BenedictGomez

The way this winter has been I can see that map being dead on. How does this rank for NJ winters in terms of snowfall?

I can recall more than a few 2 foot storms and even a few close to 3 foot in my life, but I dont believe we've ever in my life had so many 6" and 10" and 12" storms. Even after a 3 day blowtorch I think we still have about 4 inches on the ground right now. I think the last time we had grass must have been very early February if I had to guess.

4aprice

I can recall more than a few 2 foot storms and even a few close to 3 foot in my life, but I dont believe we've ever in my life had so many 6" and 10" and 12" storms. Even after a 3 day blowtorch I think we still have about 4 inches on the ground right now. I think the last time we had grass must have been very early February if I had to guess.

NYC is at #6 for snowiest winters so far. Not sure where BG is (would think east of me and lower elevation) but we still have close to a foot otg here. Winters of 92-93, and 93-94 were the best I can remember here. 2010 was better south of here so it happens sometimes. Hopefully March can push us up on the list, however, I'm rooting for the mountains from here north to do better.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ