• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

McConkey Documentary *Spoilers*

MadMadWorld

Has anyone else seen this? Was flipping through the channels last night and saw it on Showtime and....wow. It was depressing to watch home movies of him skiing with his daughter. What was shocking to me was the end....he died (spoiler!) Throughout the documentary they hinted that they were going to show the actual footage from his death. I kept saying to myself, "no way are they going to show this". Finally at the end they showed the POV footage as he skied off the cliff. The frame of view changes to a camera from a helicopter as you watch him do 2 flips. You can tell he was already falling waaaay too fast and had no chance of pulling his chute. He falls out of camera view miliseconds before he hits the ground. They then show a single shot of his lifeless body in the snow.......crazy crazy film.

mriceyman

I loved it. Crazy how he filmed everything he did back when he was young. Lived a wild life. Died way too young.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Saw it too last night flipping. The problem was he could not release one ski. He used the old Tyrolias that from the 80's that you pulled up to release like the 460's I think. He used post requests for people to send them to him on the web.

MadMadWorld

Saw it too last night flipping. The problem was he could not release one ski. He used the old Tyrolias that from the 80's that you pulled up to release like the 460's I think. He used post requests for people to send them to him on the web.

Those bindings confused many a skier....even myself