• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Merry Christmas!

C-Rex

I hope Santa brought you all some great ski and snowboard gear!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387994931633.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387994931633.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 85

Savemeasammy

Gloves are on my list as well, but I'd rather not have Santa pick them out - I will get some soon with some holiday cash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

Merry Christmas Huck, nice gloves, I'm in need of some too, but Santa didn't bring me any. That's OK, I told him not to, they carry mostly crappy gloves at my shop. I'm probably going to order some online...eventually. Black Diamond?

Huck_It_Baby

Merry Christmas Huck, nice gloves, I'm in need of some too, but Santa didn't bring me any. That's OK, I told him not to, they carry mostly crappy gloves at my shop. I'm probably going to order some online...eventually. Black Diamond?

Merry Christmas!

BD is solid. I put those gloves to the test today in negative temps and they held up great! Warm and durable.

Savemeasammy

I looked at a few at a shop in Waitsfield. A guy (shop owner perhaps) was trying to sell me on a pair by North Face. They were >$100, so I was weary about pulling the trigger on them... My current gloves are some cheap Columbia's, and they are one of the warmest I've owned. I'm sort of sold on sticking with Columbia unless I get an unbiased opinion/recommendation from someone else. I was at sugarbush on Friday, and my gloves were thoroughly wet on the outside, but warm and mostly dry on the inside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

I've currently got a pair of "Toasters" mittens. They've got a built in liner glove, and an access zipper on the tops of the mittens. I like them, they're not bulky at all, and still warmer than gloves, but they've definitely seen better days. I've been darning them with a needle and thread. I think the best pair of gloves I've ever had were a pair of all leather Spyder gloves. Nice big gauntlets on them too. They made great cold weather motorcycle gloves too. I need to replace all my ski wear, except for my helmet. Maybe checkout BD.

drjeff

I bought a pair of Hestra "lobster claw" gloves (separate finger slots for your thumb + index fingers "glove style" and then your middle, ring and pinky fingers are all together "mitten" style) warmest gloves I've ever had! I used to, especially after breaks get cold fingers(even with hand warmers) now in the last month since I've had them, even on single digit temp days with below zero wind chills, my fingers are warm all day, without any hand warmers!! Love these Hestra's! And up until now I've always been a 5 fingered glove guy, not a mitten person

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Grandoe down mittens have been keeping my hands warm for years. The pair I've been wearing for close to 20 years are a little tattered but haven't lost any warmth. Don't do knitting but duck tape works on the seams that are worn. If I ever decide to wear knew mittens I have a brand new pair of the exact same mittens I bought on sale for $25 probably 8 or more years ago.

My spring gloves are shot. Still use them when shoveling snow though. Picked up new spring gloves last week cheap so my hands are set.

Still haven't worn my new Marker bib ski pants I bought on sale 2 years ago. My 10+ year old Marker bib pants are still like new.

Might be in the market for a new parka soon not that there's anything wrong with the few I wear. I miss being able to buy Bogner parka's on the cheap at their outlet stores up in Newport, VT. & later on in Essex Junction, VT. They're not there anymore.

Oh & Merry Christmas everyone.

MadMadWorld

Merry Christmas!

BD is solid. I put those gloves to the test today in negative temps and they held up great! Warm and durable.

BD gloves are a solid investment. They are definitely at the high end as far as price but the quality is worth it. Have 2 pairs of the mittens and nothing beats those on a cold day. The patrollers are nice too though!

MadMadWorld

I bought a pair of Hestra "lobster claw" gloves (separate finger slots for your thumb + index fingers "glove style" and then your middle, ring and pinky fingers are all together "mitten" style) warmest gloves I've ever had! I used to, especially after breaks get cold fingers(even with hand warmers) now in the last month since I've had them, even on single digit temp days with below zero wind chills, my fingers are warm all day, without any hand warmers!! Love these Hestra's! And up until now I've always been a 5 fingered glove guy, not a mitten person

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Another excellent choice. I borrowed these from a friend and they were fantastic.

my wife got HD333's wife's old skis, and they are pretty sweet(thanks dude!)...the downside is that she now has better skis than i do...guess i'll have to remedy that post haste