• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Middle back tweakage

Beetlenut

Motrin? Probably. Geritol? Maybe. Depends? Sure, why not. Quite bumps for groomers? You might as well just put a bullet in me.

Well if you wear depends while skiing bumps you never have to go into the lodge! And you'd also be covered if you hit a particularly narly absorption in a knee-eating trough!

bvibert

Staff member
Suck it up and take the pain like a real man! As long as you didn't drop your daughter I don't see the problem. PT is for sissies...

;)

bvibert

Staff member
Well..... if the therapist was a cute blonde and knew how to inflict pain, I would sign up for that.

AFAIK ALL females know how to inflict pain. Then again you didn't specify that they had to be female, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Paul

Sounds to me like you need a massage with a happy ending.

This is a great offer Greg, you might want to take him up on it. Not exactly my thing, but YMMV...

I asked my husband about this, from a man's point of view. He said, get yourself a titty rub down and go straight to bed!

This is interesting, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Beetlenut

This use to happen to me all the time too when I had to pick-up my 3 yo. I could workout all day and never hurt myself, but if I had to pick-up the kid, it had to be NOW, and in whatever awkward position I happen to be in at the time, with tight, cold tendons and muscles. Perfect recipe for a pull or strain. I'm sure with the repetition that spot has become a trigger-point. A good massage therapist could fix that! Now that he's 5 and I don't have to pick him up unless I want to, the back pulls have gone away.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Also, with all the advice to strengthen the core- it is good advice, but something you want to be careful of-

Strong abs are good, but you also don't want to have an imbalance. Whenever you work one muscle there's almost always another muscle that works the opposite direction (quads/hamstrings, biceps/triceps, adductors/abductors, etc)

Strengthening excercises targeting the lower back muscles, mid/lower traps, lats etc. should be included with an ab strengthening program.

Snowboarding.