• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Minimum Ski Days When Flying for a Trip

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I would say 5 but that's on the short end. I don't like to anywhere on a plane for less than 7 days. Even if it's not ALL skiing days.

steamboat1

We plan on a trip to Banff this season to ski for 4-5 days which I am looking forward to.
Just a heads up. The Mountain Collective Pass ($389) now includes Lake Louise & Sunshine Village. You can ski two days at each resort on the pass & receive 50% off any additional days. Thought you might be interested but knowing you you already have a beter plan.

dlague

Just a heads up. The Mountain Collective Pass ($389) now includes Lake Louise & Sunshine Village. You can ski two days at each resort on the pass & receive 50% off any additional days. Thought you might be interested but knowing you you already have a beter plan.

If you like to get a nice variety and don't mind traveling - that is a real nice deal!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

steamboat1

If you like to get a nice variety and don't mind traveling - that is a real nice deal!

Forgot to add it also includes Norquay so you could ski 6 days on that pass.
Scatch that. Upon further reading it's good for only 2 days. You can ski 2 days at either LL, SV or Norquay but not 2 days at each. Oh well !

The 50% off additional days would still apply.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Meh....I personally think MC is not a good bargain. Except for mammoth and squaw, all the other resorts are in different states. When people go on a ski vacation I'd imagine they want to ski more than 2 days, so they'll either end up buying more lift tickets, or skiing just 2 days and wasting money getting back to their home.

You aren't getting a good deal unless you ski at at least 2 different location. More airfare, hotels, and extra lift tickets

I think the resorts agreed to sign with the MC for that reason....

The point steamboat brought up about 2 days at LL AND Sunshine Village might be what salvages it.

jaytrem

Forgot to add it also includes Norquay so you could ski 6 days on that pass.

Buzzkill time. You only get 2 days total at the Banff/LL areas. But still the 50% off the other days could help, especially if you can also do a trip to one of the other places.

skiNEwhere

Just looked it up. It's a total of 2 days at norquay, LL, OR SV. Not 2 each.

So back to what I was saying, I don't think it's that good of a deal

SIKSKIER

Actually,that mountain colective pass is good for 2 days each at these 6 areas:

AltaSnowbird.
Aspen/Snowmass.
Jackson Hole.
Mammoth.
Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine.
Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows.
Whistler Blackcomb.
I didn't see Norquay on the list.

dlague

Meh....I personally think MC is not a good bargain. Except for mammoth and squaw, all the other resorts are in different states. When people go on a ski vacation I'd imagine they want to ski more than 2 days, so they'll either end up buying more lift tickets, or skiing just 2 days and wasting money getting back to their home.

You aren't getting a good deal unless you ski at at least 2 different location. More airfare, hotels, and extra lift tickets

I think the resorts agreed to sign with the MC for that reason....

The point steamboat brought up about 2 days at LL AND Sunshine Village might be what salvages it.

True by the time you fly, rent, eat, etc.

jimk

I think where the Mtn Collective starts making sense is for frequent flying, strong budgeted skiers/boarders who intend to take two or three ski trips per winter to different places for ~3-5 days of skiing at each. I believe for a while this spring and summer they were offering three free days per resort instead of two on next year's pass, making it even more cost effective.
Here is another way it could make sense: two bloggers for Liftopia did a story on their two-week lower budget roadtrip to four of the MC resorts:
http://www.liftopia.com/blog/mountain-collective-chronicles-chapter-1-call/
The second scenario is drifting from thread topic of flying for a ski trip to driving for a trip. :oops:

dlague

If someone is strong budgeted then do they need to worry about saving money with that pass?