• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLK Day Storm

ThatGuy

Hope it delivers…we desperately need a good storm. Had enough of groomers this season.

Reactions: Edd

NYDB

Hope it delivers…we desperately need a good storm. Had enough of groomers this season.
The timing is interesting. Many weekend warriors might opt to head home sunday night as opposed to white knuckling it monday. I hear you about the groomer situation

ThatGuy

The timing is interesting. Many weekend warriors might opt to head home sunday night as opposed to white knuckling it monday. I hear you about the groomer situation
Would be nice if the riff raff heads home Sunday and then Tuesday is a sleeper pow day.

NYDB

The riff raff are "working" from "home" in the mountains!

In case your brain is still stuck in the pre-pandemic world.
Kids are back in school. thats the big difference compared to last year. That being said, if this storm really delivers, this weekend warrior will pull his kids out for tuesday. I ain't trying to drive back late Monday

TahoeDad

Tuesday might be the day. Wind might be a huge issue on Monday. I will go both days if I have to!

snoseek

The riff raff are "working" from "home" in the mountains!

In case your brain is still stuck in the pre-pandemic world.
In my observation it's somewhere between precovid and last year. I've had quite a few mellow midweek days so far

Abominable

From what I'm seeing the rain line keeps moving north... any hope for the Berkshires this weekend?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Gonna sleet for a few hours when the storm hits the warmer northern air. :( still a good base builder.:) Look for clippers over the next couple weeks to keep it winter, dropping a little white nearly every day.

NYDB

GFS has this a bit further west than the euro. Who will win out?

NWS just upped their forecasted snow totals again. The local forecast for winhall VT has snowfall rates at 2'' per hour from 4-8am which seems crazy. Hopefully not to much snizzle in the second half