• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 12/21/2006

skijay

Resort:Mount Snow

Date Skied: 12/21/2006 11:00 to 3:00pm

Conditions: Lots of sun, 40 at the base, breezy towards the end of day, mid winter ski conditions.

Trip Report: Wow! I am impressed with Mount Snow. From my first ride up the Tumbleweed lift, I knew they had been busy with the snow guns. What a turn around in 4 days. I was skiing in March like conditions on Sunday and today I am skiing in mid winter conditions. The snowmaking was being turned off as I started my day.

I exited the lift and made my descent to the Summit Express and I was treated to soft spring like snow, briefly. The trails that I skied on Sunday that had bare spots were completely covered, no saplings or rocks showing. My first run down from the summit was down the Lodge trail. It was a little scratchy at the summit, but the snow was easy to carve and firm as I skied down.

I headed over to North Face for some runs and alternated between trails off of the Canyon and Summit Express Quad. North Face was breezy, the Chute trail was covered with fresh machine made snow, packed down. It was like skiing in January. The only way you knew you were in a snow drought was when you look in the woods or any other trails that they have not made snow on.

I had the privelge of riding the Summit Local today as they took the Summit Express out of service for a while. It seemed like it took forever to get to the summit.

If anybody has Friday off, and wants to ski, go! I took a few pictures from today.

The View from North Face. I could not tell if the water was frozen on Somerset.
ms122106a.jpg

The Chute trail:
ms122106c.jpg

Every time some skis at Mount Snow, take a picture of Ripcord so we can see the progress of snowmaking or natural snow:
ms122106d.jpg

Looking up & down the Lodge trail:
ms122106e.jpg

ms122106f.jpg

Newpylong

Good stuff. Was going to head up Saturday (I am blacked out for the rest of the Holiday), but its looking like all rain =(