• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Collective Latest Additions!

Tonyr

I bought it again this year to go along with an Epic pass. I plan on 3 days in Snowmass, 4 days in Alta Snowbird, and 2 days at Sugarbush. The Snowmass trip alone more than covers the cost of the MC pass. I try and buy it early to get that extra day. If I get all 9 days in as planned the skiing comes out to $55 per day.

machski

Reviving this thread. Sugarloaf?
Been on MC all year this season! It's the reason Boyne NEP Gold's and Platinum's have MC unlimited 50% off at all destinations as an added perk now!!

Tonyr

Been on MC all year this season! It's the reason Boyne NEP Gold's and Platinum's have MC unlimited 50% off at all destinations as an added perk now!!
How many days have you skied on the pass so far this season? I have 3 at Aspen, 1 at ABasin, 2 at Big Sky, 2 at Grand Targhee, 2 at Jackson Hole (plus 2 paid half days) 1 at Alta, 2 at Snowbird and 2 at Sugarbush coming up. That is 17 days at a total cost of $620 which comes out to $36 a day. That's an outstanding deal at first class ski resorts if your willing to travel around.

Smellytele

How many days have you skied on the pass so far this season? I have 3 at Aspen, 1 at ABasin, 2 at Big Sky, 2 at Grand Targhee, 2 at Jackson Hole (plus 2 paid half days) 1 at Alta, 2 at Snowbird and 2 at Sugarbush coming up. That is 17 days at a total cost of $620 which comes out to $36 a day. That's an outstanding deal at first class ski resorts if your willing to travel around.
How much did it cost you to travel around?

dblskifanatic

That is a lot of traveling around! My work does not give me that liberty. 5 years from now maybe so!

Tonyr

That is a lot of traveling around! My work does not give me that liberty. 5 years from now maybe so!
I have flexibility with work, but the key for me this season was my son is still going to school remotely. Next year I won't have the same flexibility either but these trips can still almost be paired together the same way in one season using 2 in a half to 3 weeks of vacation time altogether.

The Big Sky, Grand Targhee, and Jackson Hole trip could be done in a week knocking off 6 days by flying into Bozeman and out of Jackson. Alta Snowbird is the easy one that's 4 days. Then an Aspen ABasin trip could be done in a week as well there are 5 more days (assuming you choose Aspen as the extra day as I did). As an east coast skier Sugarbush can been done on a weekend trip so 2 days there. 17 days at $500 for the pass is $29 a day.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

with so much ikon overlap, i dont really understand the target audience for mountain collective. the destinations are excellent, but they are destinations, and most people visit for more than 2 days. i did it the first year it existed and before ikon existed, and i spent a lot on those discounted additional days. did jackson, alta/bird, cant remember what else.

dblskifanatic

with so much ikon overlap, i dont really understand the target audience for mountain collective. the destinations are excellent, but they are destinations, and most people visit for more than 2 days. i did it the first year it existed and before ikon existed, and i spent a lot on those discounted additional days. did jackson, alta/bird, cant remember what else.

That was always the issue for us! I guess if you road trip it then it makes some sense.

Tonyr

That was always the issue for us! I guess if you road trip it then it makes some sense.
I bought mine as an add on to the Epic pass. If I get 9 days on it next year and atleast 15 days on Epic which is the plan both make sense for me. MC comes out to $55 per day and Epic is around $65 at those levels of usage.

Last edited:

Tonyr

Having both the Epic and MC I'll pair an Aspen/Beaver Creek trip together along with a Alta Snowbird/Park City trip as my western destinations for next year, then Sugarbush/Stowe for a VT trip. The plan is for 3 days at Aspen, 5 days at BC, 4 days at Alta Snowbird, 5 days at Park City 2 days at Sugarbush, 5 days at Stowe. 24 days total all at world class ski resorts for 62 bucks a day.

KustyTheKlown

ya, that makes more sense as a secondary pass. id trade some of your park city for a la carte powmow, but sounds like a pretty good plan

Tonyr

ya, that makes more sense as a secondary pass. id trade some of your park city for a la carte powmow, but sounds like a pretty good plan
I've never been to Powder Mountain but heard its great. Im not a huge fan of the Park City side but I love the Canyons, there is some outstanding terrain over on that side. I can't wait to go back! Being right near a cool historic ski town is an added bonus.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Exactly. I am surprised that it still is offered.

Tonyr

Exactly. I am surprised that it still is offered.
Also, I bet it's because the downside is very low for the issuer and the resort. As mentioned earlier this pass is probably not being redeemed by a passholder at more than 2 or 3 resorts per season on average. From the resort's perspective they are only on the hook for lift access 2 or 3 days tops. If you end up staying at a resort owned hotel, shop, and eat at resort owned restaurants during your stay (which is what they try and encourage) then its a home run for them.

What originally got me interested in adding the MC pass is that we wanted to try Aspen and/or Alta Snowbird but we're loyal to the Epic resorts for the most part. The cost of buying tickets in advance to ski 3 days at either place was more than having a MC pass.

KustyTheKlown

makes perfect sense for your use case.

makes a lot less sense to me as a primary pass.

tho i did just go to their site and see now that alta/bird are 2 days each, not combined. and seems to be the same with sunshine/louise. and that they've added targhee. that starts making more sense when you can squeeze 4 ski days out of a single lodging.

this is cool if you are into road tripping a bit

1616114391300.png

Last edited:

machski

None on the MC benefits, can't travel for pleasure due to our jobs and restrictions upon return from leisure trips.

I wouldn't buy a MC pass, but as an add on benefit to my home base SP, nice perk. Especially since we want to ski Aspen next season but cannot upgrade the add on Ikon Base to include Aspen, the MC benefits give us a discount. My corporate AmEx rewards will cover the balance there.

Tonyr

None on the MC benefits, can't travel for pleasure due to our jobs and restrictions upon return from leisure trips.

I wouldn't buy a MC pass, but as an add on benefit to my home base SP, nice perk. Especially since we want to ski Aspen next season but cannot upgrade the add on Ikon Base to include Aspen, the MC benefits give us a discount. My corporate AmEx rewards will cover the balance there.
That's great. I didn't know that you could get a 50% discount on MC resort lift tickets with a season pass at one of their resorts. That's a nice perk.