• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Creek, NJ - 1/30/21

ERJ-145CA

Resort or Ski Area
Other / Not Listed
Date
Jan 30, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
  2. Cord
I went to Mountain Creek this morning, arrived at 7:45 for the 8 AM opening for passholders. The snow was packed powder and the conditions were the best I've skied there this season. Last Monday we got only about an inch and a half of snow but it has been consistently cold all week with great snowmaking temps for the last few days so they've been blowing a ton of snow. They managed to get 43 of the 46 trails opened, a large number of them in the last few days. Really no ice or hardpack due to the cold temps all week. Since I was only skiing for a couple of hours this morning I just stuck to South and Bear peaks and didn't bother heading over to Granite or Vernon. It was a great morning but it started to get busy around 10:30 so that's when I headed home.

Hopefully we get the 8 - 11 inches Monday and Tuesday that are predicted.
20210130_094235.jpg
20210130_091152.jpg
20210130_091124.jpg