• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: West Hertford Rez, Sunday 8/17/08

MR. evil

So far I'm not seeing a whole lot of interest.

Brian
Mr.Evil (probably)
Greg (maybe)

I am 99% in for a ride on Sunday. Randi is a maybe, her ankle is still pretty banged up from a crash she had the last time we rode the Res. It should have been healed by now but she won't take it easy long enough for it to heal.

Brian, if no one else wants to ride we have a several options:

Ride the Res.
Ride Case (I have been told the trails are now marked. I might even be able to get a guide)
Head up my way for a ride at B-street.

bvibert

Staff member
I am 99% in for a ride on Sunday. Randi is a maybe, her ankle is still pretty banged up from a crash she had the last time we rode the Res. It should have been healed by now but she won't take it easy long enough for it to heal.

Brian, if no one else wants to ride we have a several options:

Ride the Res.
Ride Case (I have been told the trails are now marked. I might even be able to get a guide)
Head up my way for a ride at B-street.

Someone illegally blazed some trails at Case, but as I understand those blazes have been removed or painted over by members of the MTB community supporting continued legal use of Case. There may be some legal blazes up too, I'm not sure.

I'm gonna have to see what's going on with my better half on Sunday. That will determine how much time I have for travel.

MR. evil

Someone illegally blazed some trails at Case, but as I understand those blazes have been removed or painted over by members of the MTB community supporting continued legal use of Case. There may be some legal blazes up too, I'm not sure.

I'm gonna have to see what's going on with my better half on Sunday. That will determine how much time I have for travel.

Lets just stick with the Res for now. it looks like Pat may ride with us if he can find a sitter.

bvibert

Staff member
That's cool. I wouldn't mind trying out either of the other two options either though...

bvibert

Staff member
I can somewhat flexible on the time if needed. I don't want to do afternoon though.

MR. evil

I can somewhat flexible on the time if needed. I don't want to do afternoon though.

I wouldn't be against starting a little later than 7:00, but I would also like to be home around noon.

Greg

Staff member
I wouldn't be against starting a little later than 7:00, but I would also like to be home around noon.

7:30 worked out well last time, and I was still home around noon despite the repairs. Riding say 7:30 - 10:30 would well for me. I hope to pull it off.

bvibert

Staff member
I'll be fine with changing to 7:30. I'm truly hopeful that we can maintain a slightly faster pace than last time we rode there. That ride took way long than it had to. The mechanical issues were probably the biggest contributing factor.

Greg

Staff member
I'll be fine with changing to 7:30. I'm truly hopeful that we can maintain a slightly faster pace than last time we rode there. That ride took way long than it had to. The mechanical issues were probably the biggest contributing factor.

My hangover on the climb didn't help either. I actually wouldn't mind hitting that climb again...

bvibert

Staff member
Okay folks, 7:30am at the Rez.

This was the last list:

Brian
Mr.Evil (probably)
Greg (maybe)
powhunter (thinking)
JP (likely)
o3jeff (good possibility)

Powhunter is out and I'm assuming that means JP won't come either, so:

Brian
Mr.Evil (probably)
Greg (maybe)
o3jeff (good possibility)

Anyone else? What about 2knees? Grassi21? Is Mrs.Evil going to make it? Jeff, are you more like a maybe now? Maybe Tim and I will be riding by ourselves?

Sorry I'm a little antsy today, I just want to get back out and ride! :D

MR. evil

Count me in!

Not sure about Randi. Her ankle is STILL pretty messed up from the last time the two of us rode at the Rez. Lately everytime she rides it really bugs her for several days afterwards.

bvibert

Staff member
Count me in!

Not sure about Randi. Her ankle is STILL pretty messed up from the last time the two of us rode at the Rez. Lately everytime she rides it really bugs her for several days afterwards.

Glad someone has finally committed to the ride! :D

Bummer to hear that Randi's ankle is still giving her trouble. I hope there's not some sort of serious problem with it.

MR. evil

Bummer to hear that Randi's ankle is still giving her trouble. I hope there's not some sort of serious problem with it.

Me too! The issue is more her shin. I think she may have either bruised the bone really badly or have a very mild fracture. I have been asking her to see the doctor for a couple of weeks now.

bvibert

Staff member
Me too! The issue is more her shin. I think she may have either bruised the bone really badly or have a very mild fracture. I have been asking her to see the doctor for a couple of weeks now.

I can't say I blame her for not wanting to see the doctor. My left shoulder has been screwed up for years now, sometimes to the point that I can barely do anything with my left arm, but I still haven't gotten around to seeing a doctor... :spin: