• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: West Hertford Rez, Sunday 8/17/08

MR. evil

Exactly what I was thinking.

First lets see it Pat can make it. He told me he was going to try and find a sitter. But if he doesn't I am not sure how we could extend that ride. We could do two loops, or a very long out and back

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I can't say I blame her for not wanting to see the doctor. My left shoulder has been screwed up for years now, sometimes to the point that I can barely do anything with my left arm, but I still haven't gotten around to seeing a doctor... :spin:

Men! :roll:

I understand, too. I wouldn't have gone to a doctor when I fractured my foot if it wasn't for Brian insisting that I go. And it took me a while before I got my knee checked out (and even longer before a diagnosis) when I partially tore my ACL in Feb. Can't blame the girl.

Sounds like you guys are gearing up for a real hardcore ride! Enjoy!!

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not sure how to extend the ride either, but we should be able to come up with something that loops back through some of the interior trails either at or right before that fire road that we took to rt44 and the dike last time.

o3jeff

Thats funny, ever since I had my knee MRI done, all pain and discomfort has gone away. I guess next time I will have to up my wait time from 3 months to 6 before I see a doctor if I hurt something.

Greg

Staff member
Thats funny, ever since I had my knee MRI done, all pain and discomfort has gone away. I guess next time I will have to up my wait time from 3 months to 6 before I see a doctor if I hurt something.

Perhaps all the riding strengthened it?

o3jeff

I'm not sure how to extend the ride either, but we should be able to come up with something that loops back through some of the interior trails either at or right before that fire road that we took to rt44 and the dike last time.

Hey, no name calling

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Perhaps all the riding strengthened it?

Thats what I am thinking, but the first few weeks of riding really started to aggravate it, then it became better. I guess working it must of strengthen it or something.
Could be the riding helped it ultimately. A lot of people with knee issues end up doing stationary bike for PT. It would make sense that it would get worse before better, too.

Greg

Staff member
I simply can't commit right now. I'll likely be riding sometime/somewhere Sunday, but I just won't know until later tomorrow, or maybe even last minute on Sunday. Busy weekend...

bvibert

Staff member
I simply can't commit right now. I'll likely be riding sometime/somewhere Sunday, but I just won't know until later tomorrow, or maybe even last minute on Sunday. Busy weekend...

Yeah yeah, Mr. Important... Too busy for us... :roll:

I guess that means that Pat is not going either then.

Greg

Staff member
I guess that means that Pat is not going either then.

He could always stop over here tomorrow and pick it up...

I'm not out. I just don't know for sure.

bvibert

Staff member
He could always stop over here tomorrow and pick it up...

I'm not out. I just don't know for sure.

Yeah, but it's hard for him to make plans if you're not going to commit until last minute. I'm not busting your balls or trying to pressure you, just saying.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, but it's hard for him to make plans if you're not going to commit until last minute. I'm not busting your balls or trying to pressure you, just saying.

If Pat wants to ride Sunday, the best thing would be for him to stop over and grab the bike whether I'm going to go last minute or not.

MR. evil

At this rate Brian it looks like it may just be the 2 of us riding on Sunday :roll: I am going to email Red and see if he is up for a trip to CT.

Greg

Staff member
What's up with all the :roll:s? I seem to recall last Sunday morning riding a 10 miler solo cuz you all were too lazy... ;)

I'm still a maybe.

bvibert

Staff member
What's up with all the :roll:s? I seem to recall last Sunday morning riding a 10 miler solo cuz you all were too lazy... ;)

I'm still a maybe.

DOH! Got me there. ;)

Hope that you can make it, but I totally understand if you want to chicken out.... Or get plastered the night before.

Greg

Staff member
Is there any chance we could bump the start time back to 7:00 am? I can swing this, but we're going to a friend's house for lunch so I have to be rolling out of there no later than 10:30. With only three up we should be able to pull off an 8-10 miler in that time. Let me know.