• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bank

ctenidae

groupcrickets.jpg

Wow. No one likes the Redneck Bank?

What if it were the Sundown Credit Union, DBA BumperBank?

dmc

I'm so looking forward to the day when this "redneck humor" becomes unfunny to the masses...

I've never been a fan... Possibly because my roots are "hill billy"..

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Having lived in small towns my whole life hundreds of miles from any big city I consider myself a hick, country bumpkin. Not really sure what the defination is for a "hillbilly". I went to public school with K-12th in the same building, graduating class of 22. The crazy thing is that the school is still K-12th in one building but it's twice as big now with about half the number of students.

I enjoy "redneck humor" probably cause I can relate to it. In Maine you have Bob Marley, in Vermont you have the Vermont Logger, Rusty DeWees. Very funny stuff. I also find Jeff Foxworthy's, You know your a redneck if..... very funny, at least most of the examples.

Diferent strokes for diferent folks. It's all good. "Laughter is the best medicine".

ctenidae

Sadly, Larry the Cable Guy makes me snort at times, mostly because I know precisely what he's talking about.

dmc

Mothers side of the family is from the Ozark Mountains in Missouri... Pronounced Missouruh :)

Hillbillys are people that come from the Ozarks... And other places in the Appalachians...

I like a lot of different kinds of humor... But I'm just not down with the Redneck stuff.. When Foxworthy first came out - it was cool... just like when Dice first showed up... Or Dave Chappel.... All that stuff isn't as funny as when it first came out.. imho...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
um, I'm missing the "funnier" part about this bank. looks too real to me ;)

As an aside, I like redneck humor; I'm a big Foxworthy fan.
After the Elvis decanter broke: "Jeezum, we can't keep anything good around here, can we?"