• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My skis are worn out. Any reason I shouldn't get the same skis for next 5 years?

mishka

Well I have skied a couple of mishka's skis and tbey do ski well. Very light! I did demo a pair of Icelantic Nomad and they reminded me of MR Skis mostly becuase the sound is similar and they were both light. Even the response was similar. So I did demo two sets of skis now that I think about it.

lets me get this straight… you trying to find skis preform similarly to mine? why?

dlague

lets me get this straight… you trying to find skis preform similarly to mine? why?

Not necessarily, I was comparing the quality of yours to Icelantic. I do plan of looking for a wider ski but not sure what yet.

mishka

Not necessarily, I was comparing the quality of yours to Icelantic. I do plan of looking for a wider ski but not sure what yet.

you compare as equal in quality and performance my first generation skis to over 10 years of ski making Icelantic's skis then I'm doing a lot better. Now... 16/17 skis get fifth-generation construction and layup as a result substantially better performance :thumbup:

mishka

we go ski together. I'll give you a whole bunch of skis to try. by end of the day YOU'LL know how THE ONE feels like afterwards I complete design. Look at it like going to the tailor to get a suit
in other words only you know/feel "the one" skis for you. You don't need to know anything about ski making and/or ski design. You go ski tell me what you feel and I'll make it happen.
Same goes when I design skis for myself. first skis I made is aaammm ....."like a box of chocolates...you never know what you gonna get" lol skis/designs which follows I knew exactly what I am getting

I thought and realized ... need to make a clarification. When I said "whole bunch of skis to try" I meant not just the skis... Mad Russian skis of different shapes and sizes

mishka

How many models do you have now?

You should post a picture of the full line up

7 next season. Two new for next season. All of them on MadRussian Facebook page already. I would rather use prototype instead of a model because each design can be build differently even of same shape I can make skis with substantially different performance

where should I post pictures in the way that it doesn't looks marketing or advertisement lol