• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NELSAP New England Lost Ski Areas Project

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'd like to view your site, Josh, but I get an "unavailable at this time message." Can you remedy it? :(

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I also have a site which has ski brochures from the past. I just picked up a brochure from Chickley Alps which I will try to get on the site this weekend. My site is http://teachski.com . I am sure you will find some old brochures from areas you skied that are no longer open as well as some older brochures from areas that are still open. I also have some other ski memorabilia and a few articles on the site.

Disclaimer:
My site is not meant in anyway to compete with NELSAP, but rather to enhance what they have there with additional information including areas that are still in operation. Some materials I have contributed to NELSAP in the past also appear on my site. Additional information I got after my association with NELSAP ceased appears only on my site although I have offered it to them for use.

Joshua B

thetrailboss said:
I'd like to view your site, Josh, but I get an "unavailable at this time message." Can you remedy it? :(

You're referring to the link in the old AZ topic that I referenced earlier in this topic. That site is old and it won't be coming back. But thanks for your interest.

bvibert

Staff member
teachski, that is a really awesome collection of brochures you have on your site! Thanks for sharing :D

teachski

Website
teachski.com
bvibert said:
teachski, that is a really awesome collection of brochures you have on your site! Thanks for sharing :D

Thank you! I love to share. I also have several people who have contributed to my site. Their names are on top of the page for each thing they have contributed. I am always looking for new things to put on the site. Right now, I have a whole shoe box of things waiting to go on. I had a rough summer (had some sort of virus) and didn't get much on at all. I'm better now, but I am also back to school (work).

Greg

Staff member
Camped at White Lake State Park this weekend and saw the old Mt. Whittier in West Ossipee. I really enjoyed the NELSAP write-up. I wish I was a bit more observant though. We were at McDonald's getting my daughter a happy meal on the way home, but I never noticed the gondola tower in the parking lot... :blink:

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Wow! Did you have your eyes closed Greg?
MVC-019S.JPG

Here are some more pictures taken 2 winters ago when they were trying to open it as Mount Madness. I don't know if they attempted this past winter. http://teachski.com/Areas/whittier.htm

Greg

Staff member
teachski said:
Wow! Did you have your eyes closed Greg?
I found that on your site. I must be blind. :eek: As a matter of fact, I did not have my contacts in at that point (wife was driving). I don't know that I would have noticed it anyway as I would never have expected to see a lift tower there as I was concentrating on the grown-in slopes and gondi line....

By the way, that gondi line looks like it could've been one insane run. Did they used to ski that?

Beartrap

?[/quote]
By the way, that gondi line looks like it could've been one insane run. Did they used to ski that?[/quote]

I do not think they ever had that "listed" as a trail. It would be pretty sic.