• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Reality TV show based on Skiing!!!

Maksim

Its on now. hehe. pretty cool to see my home mountain featured. =P

Got to admit, completely different cases from Crystal Mountain so far.

Maksim

So there really was a skier lost... Was wondering how that could happen at blue. Hope she is ok.

Anyone notice that Blue injuries so far seeem alot worse than crystal mountain?

Must be all the ice. =P

L2RAFO

Was watching this tonight, and they had one of those multiple choice going into the commercial break questions which asked which State had the most ski areas. The answer they gave was NY. I find that a little hard to believe.

Was watching this tonight, and they had one of those multiple choice going into the commercial break questions which asked which State had the most ski areas. The answer they gave was NY. I find that a little hard to believe.

That's true..I would have guessed NY because there are like 40-50 ski areas..remember Western NY has lots of little Mom and Pop places in existence..and Blue mountain has a very high injury rate..due to many factors..

Icy snow, out of shape skiers/riders, a huge terrain park, lots of occasional skiers/riders/and lots of crowds/lift capacity. I see that helicopter going in and out alot but on a crowded Holiday there can be over 12,000 people..

Hawkshot99

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
watching folks ski down my home mountain (despite the carnage) really increased the jones factor for me. I really miss skiing at Blue Mt.

RENO

Watching that show almost makes you not want to go skiing/riding! Too painful. :eek: Watched it last night. Pretty cool to see a place you've been too, but after the 10:30 episode and a few minutes into the 11 PM episode I said "that's enough"! I'm done watching it. Have to pop in a Warren Miller movie to get a positive stoke again and get out the bad vibes! :lol:

Maksim

So what did everyone think of today's episodes? I saw that Olga chick on the slopes and in the lodge eating before.... She got engaged on the mountain, and just learned to ski not too long ago. to bad she didnt pass the natl ski patrol exam.

So now that is what the white cross means and differs from the yellow one.

2Planker

Nope. Some resorts use the white cross, some still use the old school Rust colored jackets w/ a yellow cross.

All candidates "rookies" are supposed to be designated as such, or "trainee" until they are fully certified.

I liked it because they continued to whistle at so called fast skiers and riders and my buddy Concussion Ted got alot of screentime..

orsonab

Watched last night's episode - could have done without seeing the kid screaming in agony with his boot facing the wrong way....(gulp). Must think happy thoughts...must think happy thoughts......

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Watched last night's episode - could have done without seeing the kid screaming in agony with his boot facing the wrong way....(gulp). Must think happy thoughts...must think happy thoughts......
I really felt bad for that kid. I almost wonder if a hare traction splint might have been warranted with kind of break.

The "posse" from Philly was awesome.

prisnah

Watched this for the first time last night....both episodes. I'll watch again because it's like watching a train wreck.

Seemed like every person skiing there was a complete beater, except for the kid in the white and red oakley hoody (joe i think) who took off on em. They shouldn't have stopped him anyway, he was in complete control of himself, skiing fast, yes, but in control and not even close to endangering anyone.

I wouldn't wanna be in a sled behind either of those girls, Olga was just a bad skier, and the other chick couldn't stop or control her speed that well (maybe cuz she was skiing on baby skis).

At Blue Mountain it seems like the older patrollers are real ball busters and a lot of em have a hair across their ass, not to mention they all ski on tiny baby skis, think I saw one girl (her father and her both patrol there, they chased the snowboarders) who had big people skis.

I normally ski faster than most people I saw in those episodes and have NEVER been whistled down or stopped, seemed like they were going a bit overboard at times with the speed details. Those philly boys were ridiculous though, saying he just got outta the pen and he was scared he'd go back for getting his ticket pulled???!!! WTF??!!!! I call bullshit. Either way, that whole group was just gaping it up all over the mountain.

And what was the deal with Daddy Patroller getting on his daughters ass about hitting the park? Dude seems real uptight.

All in all, I think I'd enjoy the Crystal episodes more...and I won't be visiting Blue anytime soon. Either way, I'll keep watching though.

I think the redhead girl got the patrol position cause she's hot and all the patrollers have a crush on her because she was totally out of control pulling the sled..

You do realize they did their sled training on Challenge..yes a double black diamond..lol