• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New to Albany, NY area

dmc

BrockVond said:
RossiSkier said:
Hey, where did this person end up skiing? I GOTTA KNOW. She hasn't posted since has she?

She was in the Hunter pic of the day for last Sunday. If you count from the right she's number 3,221 in line.

http://huntermtn.com/images/daily/01-30-05.jpg

btw,

Q:why are Hunter pics of the day 800X600?

A: To allow one pixel per person. :lol:

the quad did get crowded last weekend... Mainly cause it closed for an hour and they are trying oput a new line/queue concept...

Anyone who knows Hunter knows not to ride the quad except early, late or at lunch..

i was on the Westside all day - no lines - great snow!!!

Irishpub3

Very funny guys... :D

Actually.... I ended up going to hunter with the crew at work a couple weeks ago

And i enjoyed it tremendously! Thank you DMC!!! :beer: :beer:

Hope to see you up there next time :beer:

dmc

Hunter was packed this weekend!!!
I had to push past the lifty everytime I wanted to ride the Y Lift..

This was taken Sunday of Presidents weekend - midday... The quad line was long... Westside was a dream!!!
Hunter_02-20-05_YLift_3.jpg

dmc

Monday morning (Presidents Day) - Claires Way with holiday crowds ;)

Pow.... Not a lot but some good pow none the less...
Hunter_02-21-05_Claires_1.jpg

Eski

Wow, D really takes a beating over here!

I'll add my worthless opinion ... grew up in Philly and skied the Pocono area for many years, with annual vacation trips to VT or out West ... after moving outside the city, met a fellow skier who was a midweek Hunter daytripper ... took the 4 hr ride with him once and was sold after one top to bottom run ... that was 16 years ago ... the ride is now 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 hrs and I still go every week .

Due to work issues, I am now forced to ski on wknds, something I've never done till this season ... there are ways to avoid the crowds and there are empty trails to be ridden ... I have never had any ugly experiences with the people there, as a matter of fact I still enjoy the place as I did since day one!

Are there asshats there? You'll find some anywhere.
Are there better places? Of course, and I still enjoy skiing at other areas.

I'm not a true expert skier, and still find Hunter to be challenging and a great workout. I guess it really don't matter where you make your turns, as long as you have a smile on your face while you're out there and a burn in the legs at days end. 8)

tekweezle

there are no bad mountains when there is abundant snow-natural or man made.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Eski said:
Wow, D really takes a beating over here!

I'll add my worthless opinion ... grew up in Philly and skied the Pocono area for many years, with annual vacation trips to VT or out West ... after moving outside the city, met a fellow skier who was a midweek Hunter daytripper ... took the 4 hr ride with him once and was sold after one top to bottom run ... that was 16 years ago ... the ride is now 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 hrs and I still go every week .

Due to work issues, I am now forced to ski on wknds, something I've never done till this season ... there are ways to avoid the crowds and there are empty trails to be ridden ... I have never had any ugly experiences with the people there, as a matter of fact I still enjoy the place as I did since day one!

Are there asshats there? You'll find some anywhere.
Are there better places? Of course, and I still enjoy skiing at other areas.

I'm not a true expert skier, and still find Hunter to be challenging and a great workout. I guess it really don't matter where you make your turns, as long as you have a smile on your face while you're out there and a burn in the legs at days end. 8)
dmc set me straight about Hunter...I can say when I was wrong. :D