• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Trail Map at Black Mountain of Maine (New Trails and Glades)

JAM614

http://www.skiblackmountain.org/index.php/the-mountain-2016/do-it/alpine-map-2016

Many off season improvements to Black Mountain of Maine in Rumford, ME the last few years. This is a better representation of the current offerings compared to the old map. Not all glades at depicted and the map is not drawn to scale. The glades actually are longer than as shown and the new backcountry trails are much further east (bigger boundary to boundary footprint).
There's been a price increase for this year from $29 to $37 (holidays/weekends) & $20 Fridays, to offset Maine's minimum wage increase. Black is still a bargain in comparison to similar mountains.

Please consider checking out Black Mountain of Maine this year.

Jully

Only been once but their glades are the best in Maine outside of Saddleback. I'm definitely going to try and make it back this year!

xwhaler

Only been once but their glades are the best in Maine outside of Saddleback. I'm definitely going to try and make it back this year!
Well said. When the glades at BMOM are in its a special place to be.

Nice work on the trail map too. Folks should make an effort to get up there. Some of the best tree skiing in New England

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

JAM614

Wait until you ski the stuff that was cut the last two years. Some real variety and terrain that rivals some of the bigger resort's offerings. Some 800 vertical glade runs, despite what the map depicts.
Perfect AlpineZone Summit stop on the way to the Loaf.