• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

new yorks finest? new yorks worst....

Website
maps.google.com
New York to N'awlins......in 60 seconds!...must be some kinda world record...:-o

how about the dwi devices? those are not tampered with down?:-o:-o its all about $$....once u understand that then u can understand the police actions....its certainly worse in the big cities....rural areas the police seem a bit more human....

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I take no position here but refer you to what a former NY Police Commissioner had to say on the subject of "testilying:"

The word and its meaning have been publicized by defense attorney Alan Dershowitz, notably in a 1994 New York Times article, "Accomplices to Perjury," in which he said:
As I read about the disbelief expressed by some prosecutors... I thought of Claude Rains's classic response, in Casablanca on being told there was gambling in Rick's place: "I'm shocked—shocked." For anyone who has practiced criminal law in the state or Federal courts, the disclosures about rampant police perjury cannot possibly come as a surprise. "Testilying"—as the police call it—has long been an open secret among prosecutors, defense lawyers, and judges.[1]
There seems to be little doubt that the practice occurs, is not limited to any region of the country, and that "testilying" is a common name for it. A 2003 Boston Globe editorial noted:
In the early 1990s, the Mollen Commission peeled away layers of falsehood in the New York City Police Department, including false statements on warrant applications, creation of confidential informants out of whole cloth, and lies told to establish probable cause for stopping and searching vehicles. So-called "testilying," however, is not limited to any one area or police department. The problem has become so acute that juries nationwide routinely express skepticism about law enforcement testimony, such as drugs found "in plain view".
The LAPD is said to call the practice "joining the liars' club." ***
In 1995, the Boston Globe reported that New York Police Commissioner William J. Bratton created a furor when he said he agreed with most of what Dershowitz had to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testilying
The problem is inherent in simply being human. We almost always tend to see our own actions as ethical and honest or if we intentionally and mindfully break rules we see ourselves doing so for the better good or because the rules are wrong and we are in the right to break the rules. All humans do this but it is especially problematic when done by authority figures such as police. It is something that should be mindfully monitored for by those in authoritative positions but often it is not.

Any ways, police can testify from a position that they 100% believe is how thing happened because our memories are skewed towards how we want to see the world rather than how it actually exists. It might not even be mindfully lieing but simply telling how one's mind revised events to best match that person's self and world image.

Website
maps.google.com
The problem is inherent in simply being human. We almost always tend to see our own actions as ethical and honest or if we intentionally and mindfully break rules we see ourselves doing so for the better good or because the rules are wrong and we are in the right to break the rules. All humans do this but it is especially problematic when done by authority figures such as police. It is something that should be mindfully monitored for by those in authoritative positions but often it is not.

Any ways, police can testify from a position that they 100% believe is how thing happened because our memories are skewed towards how we want to see the world rather than how it actually exists. It might not even be mindfully lieing but simply telling how one's mind revised events to best match that person's self and world image.

yes to the detriment of african americans & minorities....sad very sad....

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
ethical?? that word does not exist at any law enforcement organization!!

:-o :blink:

:roll: :rolleyes:

Any? Not that I am going to change your mind, but I suppose you either have research or personal experience to back up that claim? Even as someone very critical of the justice system, I would never even go any where near that type of statement. You could say that the positions of authority predispose those in certain law enforcement agencies to be tempted to be unethical. But I would suspect MORE AGENCIES THAN NOT operate at a very high ethical standard with occasional unethical persons operating below the radar.

Website
maps.google.com
:-o :blink:

:roll: :rolleyes:

Any? Not that I am going to change your mind, but I suppose you either have research or personal experience to back up that claim? Even as someone very critical of the justice system, I would never even go any where near that type of statement. You could say that the positions of authority predispose those in certain law enforcement agencies to be tempted to be unethical. But I would suspect MORE AGENCIES THAN NOT operate at a very high ethical standard with occasional unethical persons operating below the radar.

i am friends with lots of law enforcement people current, retired & dead that i have known over 30+ years....they are good people to me....the problem isnt how they are to friends etc its what they do & say when they have customers!! it's a brutal job & i couldnt do it....im too nice & honest of a little man....i rather smokem peace pipe & ski powder....long term rentals up at k? what does long term mean? for the season?

um.....

i am friends with lots of law enforcement people current, retired & dead that i have known over 30+ years....they are good people to me....the problem isnt how they are to friends etc its what they do & say when they have customers!! it's a brutal job & i couldnt do it....im too nice & honest of a little man....i rather smokem peace pipe & ski powder....long term rentals up at k? what does long term mean? for the season?

which is it BB?....before you said 20 years,,,NOW its 30 years,,,hmmmmmmm..

wintersyndrome

For the love of Christ, isn't there a conspiracy theory website you can take this "Fk tha police" drivel to?

Are there bad cops...sure...are there bad people...sure?

perhaps if NYC paid cops a real living salary (instead of a whopping 37K to start) they would attract better grade of people to the career.

Website
maps.google.com
which is it BB?....before you said 20 years,,,NOW its 30 years,,,hmmmmmmm..

sorry....39 we moved to e npt 1971 neighbor nypd....guys at golds & from hoops since high school....$140k a year net on pension scpd....i want him to adopt me for my final years....:beer::beer:since the season ended first weekend in may i have put on less than 1,000 miles on my rig:beer::beer:i HATE $ucking driving:razz::razz:rack it!!

Website
maps.google.com
Man, that's gotta be an event. How long do you spend at the gym? 6 hours? 45 working out, 5 hours and 15 minutes talking to anyone within earshot about things you belove? :lol:

90 mins at most i talk to know one....thats all from the past....i been there 23 years....dec 1987....im ripped, tan & going between 165-170, u? my left knee wearing out....2 many bumps & 2 much pedaling....:snow::snow: