• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

new yorks finest? new yorks worst....

Glenn

90 mins at most i talk to know one....thats all from the past....i been there 23 years....dec 1987....im ripped, tan & going between 165-170, u? my left knee wearing out....2 many bumps & 2 much pedaling....:snow::snow:

More like "Too much information".......

:lol:

ctenidae

The old adage "absolute power corrupts absolutely" sometimes applies, but not everyone on a city, state, government paycheck is an asshole.

I like the version John Lehman (Sec Navy under Reagan) used: "Power corrupts. Absolute power is interesting."

dmc

thats because they are ur buddies....one of my buds was in the top 10 of nypd brass that ive known 20+ years from my beloved golds gym....he told me things that go on, amongst the police that they constantly steal, lie, make up evidence & fight amongst each other all day long....they are known for dropping bags of drugs into peoples cars etc....they are not what u think they are....they want to make it to retirement & collect the dough!!

It's because they are good people... Otherwise they would not be my friends.

Your NYPD "brass" acquaintance should shut his trap - he's probably lying to impress you - which is pretty damn pathetic in my book... It's like someone who ways they are in the mob and starts bragging... Chances are the person is just lying and bragging... And not even connected to what they say they are..

Website
maps.google.com
It's because they are good people... Otherwise they would not be my friends.

Your NYPD "brass" acquaintance should shut his trap - he's probably lying to impress you - which is pretty damn pathetic in my book... It's like someone who ways they are in the mob and starts bragging... Chances are the person is just lying and bragging... And not even connected to what they say they are..

nope....since high school....john jay, hofstra, scpd....long ago retired....know 20-30 others that say the same crap....i remember guys somking weed on duty in the 80s....those guys long gone too....who really cares i try to go thru life invisible....i see u like driving around a lot, huh....

dmc

nope....since high school....john jay, hofstra, scpd....long ago retired....know 20-30 others that say the same crap....i remember guys somking weed on duty in the 80s....those guys long gone too....who really cares i try to go thru life invisible....i see u like driving around a lot, huh....

So your "friend" is Suffolk County? And not NYPD? Dude get it straight..

I can't speak to SCPD - i don't know anyone from there..

You do a really shtity job of " going thru life invisible"...

2knees

what is ur position on racism (aa) & anti semitism?

as we all know online versus off line r 2 diff worlds....hows everyones off season training going?

i'm against all forms of racism, bigotry and religous persecution.

unless it involves grassi.

speaking of off season training, i'm gettin worried about my achilles tendon. Its been sore for over a month now and my brother blew his out last year. hereditary? i hope not.

deadheadskier

Staff member
brother in law blew his out last November. He's almost back to normal now. Pretty much a freak thing. Wasn't even really moving at all. Just squaring up to the ball playing goalie in soccer.

My understanding is there's not much that can be done to prevent it from happening.

I will call you Marino hence forward if it does and would expect the same from you if it happened to me.

Grassi21

speaking of off season training, i'm gettin worried about my achilles tendon. Its been sore for over a month now and my brother blew his out last year. hereditary? i hope not.

listen mr knee, you better watch it or you will be getting my size 9 sorel up your poop shoot.

Riverskier

I blew out my Achilles 4/2/10 skiing of all things. A very rare skiing injury, as the boot tends to protect the ankle. No idea about heredity, but like DHS said, not much you can do about it. Hope for the best though, as the surgery and recovery sucks. Had surgery 4/12 and can walk pretty well now, but with a limp, and can ride a bike, but far from 100%. I am just glad it happened at the end of ski season, and that I will be ready to go in November.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
It's funny so many of you are mentioning Achilles tendon. Never had problems with it before until this past season. Not sure what to make of that but it acted up during ski season and periodically complains now.