• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Beach, Hampton, NH 7-13-2008 Surfs Up

deadheadskier

Staff member
As my request for a surf forum and accompanying TR's fell on deaf ears, I figured I'd post my first body boarding TR here :razz:

It's been a tremendously hectic start to my summer this year. Between buying a condo, moving, getting engaged, numerous over night trips for work, renovating a bathroom etc, etc, etc, I hadn't been in the water at all until yesterday.

I had every intention yesterday of painting some trim in the condo UNTIL I read the surf report. 5.6 average wave height, 11 second dominant wave period.....sick. "By honey' I was out the door and in the car in five minutes and was in the water 20 minutes after that.

Well....what I found was the equivalent of a forecaster predicting 2 feet of Pow and you only end up with 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow. Waves were decent, but disorganized and either breaking too quickly or breaking too far out to be all that great for body boarding. Some of the 'real' surfers were doing okay with them, but nothing great. Not unusual , but the water was COLD, COLD, COLD....like suprisingly cold considering the hot weather we've had. I spent about forty minutes in the water and managed to get 2 really great waves, 4 good ones and 4 kind meh ones.

I would call it a good day, which in New England is about the best you can hope for. It's interesting how the surfing conditions in the east compared to the west kind of mirror the ski conditions. Yes we can get some epic days, but most boarder on average in terms of conditions. From my understanding west coast surfers look down on east coast surfers much the way west coast skiers look down on the east. effin' snobs :lol:

All and all, happy to be out on my board instead of behind the computer reading about you bikers :razz: Hopefully start getting out more regularly for the rest of summer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
man, you would think the bikers road Harley's the way they protect their turf :lol:

I originally posted this in the cycling tr forum :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Historically, most "TRs" that didn't fit in the hiking, skiing, or cycling forum were moved to Misc.

Surfing belongs in Cali. Dude.

:razz:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Historically, most "TRs" that didn't fit in the hiking, skiing, or cycling forum were moved to Misc.

Surfing belongs in Cali. Dude.

:razz:

you stick to your sausage fest bike riding with the rest of the CLITS :flame:

Leaves more space at the beach for me to ride waves, drink beers and check out chicks in bikinis :beer:

LongStep

while im not ashamed to admit that I have never surfed I did however live on Long Island for 25 years. Since moving to New Englad I came to terms with a few things regarding the great Atlantic: It is 15-20 degrees cooler then off the shores of the island in August, the waves are many feet smaller and thus not as good for surfing body surfing etc, and the depth of the ocean is different. 10 feet out on the island can and often is over your head, while 10 feet out off hampton or the maine beaches is up to my knees.

Greg

Staff member
you stick to your sausage fest bike riding with the rest of the CLITS :flame:

Leaves more space at the beach for me to ride waves, drink beers and check out chicks in bikinis :beer:

Nice try. We all know you're just jealous. ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice try. We all know you're just jealous. ;)

with views like this

hampton_views.jpg

hardly ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Dude, it's okay, you don't have to pretend the picture isn't you. Not every guy can have a large package...

you bikers are a bit weird. So what do you CLITS do? whip em' out on the trailside for bragging rights.....

bvibert

Staff member
you bikers are a bit weird. So what do you CLITS do? whip em' out on the trailside for bragging rights.....

I'm not the one posting pictures of my package (or lack there of in your case) on the internet. Not to mention that you're wearing a bikini swim suit to the beach to begin with. And you call me weird. :roll: I have no idea what size package the guys I ride with have.

As long as you're happy with it is all that matters.

deadheadskier

Staff member
you bikers clearly are reaching if the best you can come up is insinuating that those are my legs and then dragging it lower to the package level. Either that or your brains are scrambled from riding all that heady core single track you've been so stoked about lately. :rolleyes:

I should have known better and just dumbed it way down for you with a photo like this instead.....

hamptonbikini.jpg

....so much for th original artistic take

bvibert

Staff member
you bikers clearly are reaching if the best you can come up is insinuating that those are my legs and then dragging it lower to the package level. Either that or your brains are scrambled from riding all that heady core single track you've been so stoked about lately. :rolleyes:

I should have known better and just dumbed it way down for you with a photo like this instead.....

hamptonbikini.jpg

....so much for th original artistic take

The first picture was very artistic, from the photographer's point of view. It's just a bit disturbing that you claim it's your point of view. The second one.... Very nice.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The first picture was very artistic, from the photographer's point of view. It's just a bit disturbing that you claim it's your point of view. The second one.... Very nice.

its 5pm, shouldn't you be off playing with the boys in the mud or something?