• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off-season strategy

VTKilarney

With the season winding down, what are some things people do to during the off-season to at least keep the dream alive?

I subscribed to a couple of ski magazines, and I'm making plans to attend the Boston Ski Expo in early November.

legalskier

dlague

Summer is gear shopping and ski movie trailer time. I setup a rail park and jumps in our back yard for the kids to do some snowboarding (PVC and hard vinyl work great)! Around August I start to look for ski season deals and skiing/snowboarding tent sales. I follow southern hemisphere skiing on FB. Check Lovelands snowmaking clock! Early fall - attend ski movies (skiing deals oriented) comb through ski industry trade rags, and start tuning gear! We also attend the Boston Ski/Snowboard Show - all 4 days since we volunteer to help in one of the booths there. And most important of all stay active and continue to participate in this forum!

yeggous

Hiking and canoe / kayak trips in the Mount Washington Valley. I really need to do some yard work at home too. I've just started trying to make progress on weekday evenings.

drjeff

Biking (road + mountain), some running, mountain hiking when I get the chance, and for adrenaline purposes I try and get to Six Flags New England at least once a month and ride a few rollercoasters!! Other than that I try and enjoy some summer beers to "keep in shape" for apres ski season! ;-)

snoseek

Summer is all about hustling money for me so I can slack in the winter and that keeps me pretty busy.

That and mtn bike. I try to ride most days (or often nights) and by the fall im in the best shape of the year. The biannual fruita/moab/wherever trip is becoming the highlight of the year for me...to the point where I trade it for November skiing

Scruffy

My strategy is to enjoy the off seasons to their fullest. I love skiing, and I'm a self proclaimed ski nut, but I love all four seasons in the Northeast. Having other interests helps keep skiing fresh for me winter after winter. Fly fishing, backpacking, and hiking in the Daks, rowing, kayaking and sailing on Maine Coast, working on my two houses, biking, running, working out (crossfit ) all keep me focused on the living in the moment – I rarely dwell on skiing until November.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'll be playing around my backyard trying to rig up some stuff come winter. A jump and a PVC pipe are all I need, but always looking to make improvements! I'll go to the local race track (Waterford Speedbowl) and will get to area amusement parks to keep my adrenaline up! Come August it'll be time to check the looooong range forecasts for October (or do I dare say September) snowmaking!

And of course, I'll be checking in on Alpine Zone daily!

Savemeasammy

We like to take the kids on day/weekend trips to the mountains. It goes without saying that we are inclined to at least poke around any ski areas in the vicinity. We like to ride the gondolas at loon and wildcat, and the tram at cannon - and exploring the summits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk