• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oldest Ski You Still Use

MadMadWorld

I was cleaning out my dads garage and found my old pair of Volants circa mid 90s. For nestalgic reasons I decided to do a few runs on them.

I am curious to hear what everyone has and how often they use them. Please provide pictures if you got them!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
This year it is a pair of Rossi TI80's. They are 2009, but with the amount of days I get, they are getting pretty shot. Santa brought me new sticks this year! Nordica Firearrow 84 EDT's. I still have a pair of Fischers from 2006 or 2007, but I think they will go to the swaps this fall. I do have a pair of ELAN MBX's (207cm's) from the early 90's, but I am not getting on those things!

Warp Daddy

My regular skis i alternate them are both Atomic. SX 10's. one is a 2005 version the other a 2006 . I gave away all my others but may pick up something near the end of the season that is rockered

Frankly the SX 10sw are great for what. I ski the majority of the the time .

BenedictGomez

1998 Salomon X-Screams

They still ski great and are my early season and icy condition skis. Bought them just outside Montreal back when the exchange rate was something like 1.5 to 1, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth!

$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF8ElBQr7YkNypQ~~60_35.JPG

deadheadskier

Staff member
1998 Rossi Axiom. I think they're around 110 underfoot. They're my deep snow ski. I've been tempted to replace them with something new, but they still ski great.

jimmywilson69

I have some old Atomic Straight Skis that I break out every once in a while with rear entry boots! Not sure what model as I put ski tape on them back in the day, because I was cool 8)

What I find everytime I put that gear on is that it sucks and I am so glad technology has advanced!

The oldest ski I use on a regular basis is a 2004 or 2005 Volkl 5-Star. It was my first foray into shaped skis once I started skiing regularly again in 2004 (I used the straight skis all of 2004 I think!). It is my rock/early season ski now. I took a huge core shot out of it at Stowe on my first day in Mid December.

makimono

I regularly use a 02/03 Duret Legende (the Screamin' Chiquita) and I still use as a rock ski a late 80's Duret Free (the Mad Cow on the left)

Monos.jpg

The Mad Cow on the right with the stickers was my first monoski that I got in about 1995, that's retired with a delammed tip.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I took out my ca. 1998 Beta Ride 9.22's to play in the backyard the other day and realized my binding is completely broken. WTH.

Guess I"m back to 1 - quiver.

makimono

I took out my ca. 1998 Beta Ride 9.22's to play in the backyard the other day and realized my binding is completely broken. WTH.

Guess I"m back to 1 - quiver.

That happened to a pair of K2's with Marker M48 bindings that I had in the ski closet...sometime last year I noticed little shards of red plastic all over the floor and traced it to the heel spring literally busted out through the back of the binding. :blink: I guess that's why you're supposed to dial back the DIN over the summer but damn...if you aren't rocking all metal Salomons or something equally bomber on your vintage equipment be careful of plastic fatigue...

MadMadWorld

1998 Salomon X-Screams

They still ski great and are my early season and icy condition skis. Bought them just outside Montreal back when the exchange rate was something like 1.5 to 1, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth!

$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF8ElBQr7YkNypQ~~60_35.JPG

I had those as a teenager. They were a lot of fun and brings back memories!