• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico this weekend

gnardawg

What can I expect? I've never been and I don't want to use a Max Pass day at Killington. Is it worth going to get a few runs in? I'd be driving up from North Shore of MA.

BenedictGomez

What can I expect? I've never been and I don't want to use a Max Pass day at Killington. Is it worth going to get a few runs in? I'd be driving up from North Shore of MA.

Everything is going to be terrible this weekend.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Griswold

Someone keep the sharp objects away from this guy. Could you be more of a downer?

Pico was making snow from what I saw so I think it could be better than expected. I'll be at sugarbush and where they aren't making snow but still expect it to be a good time. Will be cold with wind holds possible Sat but no matter what I won't regret going.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

Early will be really cold from the looks of it on SaTURDAY. Sunday might be much better. More snow making and more grooming. Not to mention less wind and warmer.

Right, I was saying either day he goes to hit it early and get out. It will not warm up enough either day to soften conditions.

boston_e

Terrain will be limited (right now listing 14 trails open which in practical terms means 3 routes off the summit, 3 off the lower quad plus the learning and race area) but I'd guess light crowds and hopefully decent where they have resurfaced.

SIKSKIER

Sorry to be the bearer of good news but I think there will be plenty good skiing on new manmade.With these temps the big snowmakers areas that fired up yesterday will be able to crank out a lot real quick.

Jully

Sorry to be the bearer of good news but I think there will be plenty good skiing on new manmade.With these temps the big snowmakers areas that fired up yesterday will be able to crank out a lot real quick.

I gotta say I agree with this. Last night and yesterday were awful, but it is only getting better from here. Will there be any natural available? No. It will feel like early season in December would be my guess.

All this is assuming wherever you plan on skiing is making snow.

Zermatt

It was dumping there this morning and they had the guns on all day. Great snowmaking weather.

I actually cancelled my trip this weekend, too cold, too frozen solid. Going next weekend instead.

boston_e

They had the guns going all weekend and what they have resurfaced was skiing nicely.