• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Place to demo near Jay

C-Rex

Going up to Jay for Thurs/Friday and if we they get the snow I'm hoping they do then my lady might want to be on something a little more suited for it. Anyone know a good place?

elks

Going up to Jay for Thurs/Friday and if we they get the snow I'm hoping they do then my lady might want to be on something a little more suited for it. Anyone know a good place?

It's been a few years, but when I last demoed skis from the mountain's store, they had quite a good and varied selection of skis (I remember trying some Line and Dynastar). Might be worth a call to find out what brands / models they carry. Conversely, I was at Deer Valley a few weeks ago and they only demo Rossignol.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They used to have an on mountain demo fleet. I don't know if that has changed since the Tram Lodge was built. First Trax in Montgomery might have demos, give them a ring to find out. I think that is about it. There is a shop in Jay but I don't know if they do rentals or not.

fbrissette

You can rent fat boys from First Trax in Montgomery. If you really want to demo several pairs, Jay's rental shop has a reasonably good selection (Rossis and K2 amongst others). As far as I know, they are still in the Tram house but they may have moved to the new Mountain learning center. If you end up buying skis at the Jay Peak store (prices are OK), they will credit you for the amount of the demo (as most places do).

luvinjaycloud

rental shop under the tram has a demo section off to the side.. they have a very good selection of demos and yes, will credit you if you decide to purchase. Wednesday sounds like it might be pick of the week.

C-Rex

Thanks for the info, everyone. Forecast from weather.com says 5-8 inches during the day Tuesday, the 5-8 more over Tuesday night. Then continued snow showers through the end of the week. Bring it on!