• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prepaid ticket/vouchers wasted

jaytrem

Activated it - I used up my $55 tickets, between my wife and kids, they still have 12 of them left of their passes, we have 5 or 6 free day ticket vouchers good through the end of the '16-'17 season from event volunteering, and no current plans for any non passholding friends coming up the next 2 weekends before the season ends at Mount Snow on April 3rd, so even though my pass is still the same (apparently they're just giving out the new Explorer logo passes to non renewing customers now due to a potential shortage of blank pass stock right now) Nor'easter graphics for now, my benefits are Explorer until I can get my Explorer graphic pass later this year!

Damn that's complicated!! ;-)

As a new passholder I got the Explorer, but it's only the Spring version. So I need to pick up another at some point, I forget when. They also gave my kids the new Scout passes even though they already had passes, Spring version also. I was happy about that since I figured it would cut down on the chances of then not working at Big Boulder on Sat and maybe Hunter this Friday.

dlague

Isn't there some kind of rule that the price paid for the Groupon doesn't expire? So in theory you should be able to bring them to Magic next year and get the price paid deducted form a ticket???

Been there done that. They will not honor them next season. Groupon however will give you a credit towards another purchase if you never got to use them. Have done that twice.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

I won two Ragged vouchers from snocountry. Ended up giving one to Xwhaler for Skiway and I never went. No money lost there. Never used Warren Miller Burke midweek.

Last edited:

4aprice

Yummy. Ski Vt Passes taste good. Ate all 5 of mine unless there is some historic storm in April that keeps thing up and running the weekend of the 17th. Only got 14 days on my $600.00 pass at Camelback but I see that as more of a gym membership type thing which has been in the budget for years, same thing with the boat slip in the summer. Only up side was the money I saved by not staying overnights up in Vermont I'm using for an extended trip out west. Next year the Max Pass and 2 trips to the Rockies.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

chuckstah

Yummy. Ski Vt Passes taste good. Ate all 5 of mine unless there is some historic storm in April that keeps thing up and running the weekend of the 17th. Only got 14 days on my $600.00 pass at Camelback but I see that as more of a gym membership type thing which has been in the budget for years, same thing with the boat slip in the summer. Only up side was the money I saved by not staying overnights up in Vermont I'm using for an extended trip out west. Next year the Max Pass and 2 trips to the Rockies.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Plan that weekend for K, Stowe, Jay or the Bush. All or some should be open. Stowe projected closing is 4/24, the rest "hope" for May.

Savemeasammy

I still have 2 ski vt vouchers to use, and the wife has one. We will use them, but I hoped to have used them before this. We also have WM Burke vouchers and ragged and gunstock 2fers that will go unused - but that was rather likely anyway... Season passes were mostly free (we paid $30 for our 3rd grader's pass).

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mbedle

But wasn't Stowe a late add-on?

When I bought MCP, Stowe wasn't part of it. So to me, it's a "freebee". I used it 2 weeks ago, gambling on the condition. Skiing wasn't that great. Probably not worth the gas money and lodging cost in retrospect. But it's not the first time my condition gamble didn't work out...

They were not an add on this season. You could get 3 tickets to them if you bought early.

Cannonball

I have a few Warren Miller tix I didn't use (too late for Burke and Wawa... maybe still SB ). My season pass was still worth it at ~$35 a day (but I would normally have cut it down to a third of that). I over paid out west. All in all the bang per buck ratio was poor.

Last edited:

xwhaler

Didn't use Dartmouth Skiway, 2 Whaleback, QBurke midweek. With a few more days left I should be right around $20/day after a 25 ish day season

cdskier

Did you get good value out of your season pass?

At a bit over $40 a day right now...hoping to get it down to <$35 a day though... The past 2 years I had it under $30/day. Not likely to get there this year.

KustyTheKlown

Magic and Plattekill vouchers unused. Burke and Gore ski and ride card days not used. A bunch of max pass days unused but that doesn't really count. Hit every max pass eastern destination I wanted to hit except for the loaf. My max pass came out to about $25 a day.

bdfreetuna

Mentioned this somewhere else but I got a Bolton Valley 4-pack picked up at BEMI ski show that's gone to waste now. Worked out good the last 2 years. At least I had a good day up there one time.

Plenty of 2 for 1 vouchers not being taken advantage of. My Dad I think is wasting an entire Ski VT 3-pack but I hope to help him put a dent in that before the season is up.

I'm kind of glad in retrospect that the Ski VT 5 packs sold out before I got online.

prsboogie

Magic family pack, 2 free Waterville valley passes, Ski Vt 3 pack, 2 Ride & Ski discount cards never used one for me and the wife and one for the kids, and two WM cards never activated. WTF

Last edited:

Bumpsis

I bought a Sunapee Flex Card which during the week would give me 50% off their walk up rates and 25% off weekend rates. I am one visit short of breaking even on the purchase of the card. Obviously, due to lack of use. I was hoping for more chances to use this discount. They still have a decent cover. I'm thinking about skiing this Saturday. We'll see....

bdfreetuna

Oh yeah that reminds me I only used my Killington Express pass once, besides the free lift ticket that comes with it. (at least it comes with a little insurance)

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I'm only projecting 5 days on my Fox 44 card. Was planning on 10. Still OK at $35/day. Season pass is at about $12 per day, and should end up under $10. Not as good as the $7 per day last year, but I skipped a lot of marginal days this year, as it just didn't seem to be worth the drive for shit conditions. Thankfully, I refrained from buying any other vouchers.

Like Chuckstah, I'm a big fan of the Fox card. Due to a number of factors which included:

a) skiing/coaching
b) skiing has been better locally
c) exchange rate
d) terrible season
e) nursing a broken ankle

I haven't skied one day on the card. Like previous seasons, I never really have a chance to use it prior to late March when the local ski programs are done. So I need to see this in the general context of the last few seasons. It's would be the same logic as people in the stock market.

Previous season : 10 of 12. Unused Titus & Suicide Six
Last season : 9 of 12. Unused Burke, Middlebury & Suicide Six
This season : zero so far, impossible to get more than 6 of 11....won't use as the fellowing are done : MRG, Titus, Bolton, Suicide 6, Middlebury.

That being said, I've skied 63 days so far this season with hoping to get many more days in the months to come. The ski season is never over, you just need to be more creative.

Multiple WM vouchers for Sugarbush, Gore, Smuggs and Burke. Magic, Suicide 6, Bousquets and Middlebury Snowbowl Groupons or Liftopia tix. Had most of my winter skiing planned out by November and....well, you know....

Still got 15 days on the slopes and enjoyed each one for different reasons, but it was the season that never really got going.

Off to drain the gas out of my snowblower which was only used once....lol. Next year will be different.

slatham

Magic Pass and some vouchers for the family burned. I am done with Magic without a new owner.

Bromley vouchers for visitors also lost to lack of snow and visitors. Pass still a value for me, less so for rest of family.

One lesson is no longer will I buy vouchers or early season ticket deals. If the skiing is good I am fine paying full price or getting a small discount online.