• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rain hate

JDMRoma

Frustrating...and I dont see anything Good coming our way anytime soon
weekend looks warm again....

dlague

I find this year to be more frustrating because we get a big storm only to see it wash away within a couple of days.

I hear you (is that I read you)! It has been a roller coaster season so far and it continues with a warm up this weekend. Trail counts are down significantly and with no snow predicted by this weekend - it is getting frustrating for sure! However, we will always ski something no matter what! When skiing on the cheap - it does not seem to hurt so bad!

planb420

So that drippy shit is back...FUCK!
201765914_She_Hate_The_Rain_answer_2_xlarge.jpegkeep-calm-and-hate-rain-4.jpg
h942625DC.jpg
Mother Nature is clearly drunk behind the wheel this season, its supposed to snow bitch!
:uzi:

Wavewheeler

Yeah, it's back. As I look outside at 60 degrees and raining it's hard to believe that this time last week I was snowshoeing through 6" of white, fluffy snow. :(

Fortunately things ARE looking better starting mid week so hopefully the end of January/Feb will be WHITE, not wet. Thank goodness for snowmaking! :fangun:

I hate rain anytime of the year.

ScottySkis

attachment.php
Platty last weekend snow, snow and snow, I taking this picture from Cornhead trip report but I think he be okay with that.

image1.jpg
Today web cam, this days are depressing.

goldsbar

Just went running in shorts and a tee shirt in the rain. Bad enough I went running(yuck) instead of skiing - I was actually overheating. It's January in NJ. What was that polar vortex?

JohnQ

Spent the morning at Mohawk since the girls had ski club. Mostly drizzle and mist but the coverage was decent. As you can imagine, the snow sucked. Still fun, though, and it really tested my gear. Passed with flying colors.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Started pouring at Stowe, 5:30AM today (Saturday). Roads were quite icy until the dpw got around. Where I stay it was so slippery this morning that a truck with chains could not make it up the road. Very strange to see salt being applied midwinter.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Got into Lexington (Mass.) about 2pm. it's 3:40 right now, the skies have opened up, pouring and there is thunder and lightning striking left and right around here.:angry:

Last edited: