• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Revealing Secret Stashes Online - Why YOU are an IDIOT for doing it...

Breakout12

This is not about exclusivity, the mountain is open to everyone, but they need to be willing to work for it. Simply buying a lift ticket does not entitle you to the best the mountain has to offer.

Really? Why not? And who are you to decide? Please explain your authority in such cases. You are a ticket buying customer like everyone else. You are equal, not superior.

SkiFanE

Too effing funny...worse than a cat fight in here! I was told never to go into the woods in NE. Bears. Big Bad Bears. They rip you to shreds then steal your flask and dug out. You are all so brave to venture into the woods, look what happened to my good buddy at K after he following one of Puck Its directions.

attachment.php

BenedictGomez

By the way, that "stash" is visible to anyone not considered legally blind

I don't think anything is much of a secret within the ski area boundary.

Exactly, seen it many times where the well known glades & even wide open trails are left untouched while everyone hits their "secret" stashes.

Firstly, I go camping on a barrier island and miss this? Figures.

Secondly, I agree with the above. I doubt more than 1 in 20 of what people call "secret stashes" are really "secrets" at all, and if it's in the boundaries, highly unlikely. I can only think of ONE truly "secret stash" I know of that's between the boundaries (Smuggs), but then, I think I tend to have a fairly realistic sense of the world.

BenedictGomez

I think we all just need to sign-up for a Highway Star clinic

Sign-up? It's invite ONLY. You need to be chosen.

Really? Why not? And who are you to decide? Please explain your authority in such cases. You are a ticket buying customer like everyone else. You are equal, not superior.

Someone clearly doesn't realize they're talking to "a top-10 best skier at Killington, any day on the mountain."

My Pa. stash

There's tree skiing in PA? I dont care where it is, THAT counts as a "secret stash" in my book.

〽❄❅

Firstly, I go camping on a barrier island and miss this? Figures.

Secondly, I agree with the above. I doubt more than 1 in 20 of what people call "secret stashes" are really "secrets" at all, and if it's in the boundaries, highly unlikely. I can only think of ONE truly "secret stash" I know of that's between the boundaries (Smuggs), but then, I think I tend to have a fairly realistic sense of the world.
I think the one i know in the 'dacks qualifies too, only much falls on private property. At one point i can clearly see skiers tackling a high elevation steep hard packed icy black diamond run as i'm making fresh tracks well another spot has me looking over a cliff at some boring lower elevation groomers.. With some luck i'll be invited back and get to explore more to figure out how to go in and out via the two in bounds locations for lift served access without killing myself. Actually surprised none of you guys know of it, could be because of the private property aspect, idk???

BenedictGomez

〽❄❅;853589 said:
Actually surprised none of you guys know of it, could be because of the private property aspect, idk???

There's sadly not a lot of posters here that ski the DAX. I ski roughly 6 days there a season, and that's probably high for this board, which is heavily VT and NH focused. I think AZ would benefit tremendously from more Upstate NY posters or simply folks who travel to ski at Gore & Whiteface.

AdironRider

There were a bunch for a while, some might consider them pretty sassy however.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
There's sadly not a lot of posters here that ski the DAX. I ski roughly 6 days there a season, and that's probably high for this board, which is heavily VT and NH focused. I think AZ would benefit tremendously from more Upstate NY posters or simply folks who travel to ski at Gore & Whiteface.

And, here I thought this site was a Sundown season pass perk.