• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski and snowboarding hills that are closing for the season

Abominable

Open to the public only on certain days. Went a few years ago. Small and not steep. Kids were young at the time, so was still fun.

If you look online and find their seasonal brochure, you'll get the info. I think gen pop is weekdays only, and its only open 3pm to 9pm on weekdays. BUT, fun little place, close to home, and a really good bar / restaurant overlooking the hill. We went once when they had some sort of "open house."

Plus it's one of the few places left where you can subject your kids to the rite of passage that is the rope tow (magic carpet is for sissies!).

thetrailboss

Staff member
So what's the deal with the former Suicide Six? They abruptly announced that they were not opening Sunday and that they are closing next weekend. Folks are saying that there is something going on there that is not weather/conditions related.

shpride

Ski Sundown, Mohawk Mtn, and Thunder Ridge are all looking to go at least another week. Yawgoo closed last week. Blue Hills hasn't said anything about closing and was open today. Nashoba closed today, Ward/Bradford appear to be closed.
Blue Hills announced they are opening Tuesday. Nothing announced beyond that.

shawnanigans

Ski Sundown, Mohawk Mtn, and Thunder Ridge are all looking to go at least another week. Yawgoo closed last week. Blue Hills hasn't said anything about closing and was open today. Nashoba closed today, Ward/Bradford appear to be closed.

I drove by Ski Ward on Tuesday and can confirm the sign says "Thanks for a great season, see you in May". A little bit of a bummer since there is still very good trail coverage top to bottom but this is typically when they wrap up.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

After this weekend Montage in PA is hoping to re-open for 4/1-2

Also offering $40 tickets (including rentals) from now til end of season

Domeskier

In PA
Sun 3/26 last day for Blue, Shawnee and Elk
Sun 4/2 for JFrost and Camelback
I'm hoping Camelback will honor Blue passes for the extra week, but they probably don't want to risk angering the two or three people who purchased the add-on....

chuckstah

Crotched is closing Sunday with everything open, deepest in years including all glades and side country. Lame. Today was great. Pat's Peak while closing Sunday is now teasing an extra weekend if it's good weather.
Crotched today:Screenshot_20230324-211356.pngScreenshot_20230324-211344.png

RH29

Crotched is closing Sunday with everything open, deepest in years including all glades and side country. Lame. Today was great. Pat's Peak while closing Sunday is now teasing an extra weekend if it's good weather.
Crotched today:View attachment 57711View attachment 57712
Vail sucks. No excuse not to run any mountain in Northern New England until the first weekend in April.

Edd

Wildcat's calendar for purchasing lift tickets below. Looks like weekends only after the 9th, and then done on the 16th. They're buried in snow. Fuck Vail, indeed.

1679770430836.png

chuckstah

Vail sucks. No excuse not to run any mountain in Northern New England until the first weekend in April.
Yeah, really bad closing days all around NH. Vail Sucks indeed.

Mainer

Vail does suck but they are the only mountains in the mwv open every midweek day next week. I can’t remember a time I could still cross country ski out my door but the ski areas are closed