• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Boot Cam

Glenn

Love it! I had ad the same idea...always thought it would be a col view.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

Michael Cyr

Very cool view! Sure would be an interesting view on the steeps or in the bumps.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
How did you mount that on the boot?Same adhesive standard mount?

Nope. I got the "Outdoor" Gopro package from Walmart last year and it came with a bunch of extra mounts. I took the headstrap, cut out the middle band (so now it is essentially a large, wide bungy cord. Then I closed the GoPro case with the band inside. Put that whole contraption on the ski boot and off I went.

Now whenever I get new boots I won't have to put on a new mount.

photo (1).jpg

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 47

57stevey

Nope. I got the "Outdoor" Gopro package from Walmart last year and it came with a bunch of extra mounts. I took the headstrap, cut out the middle band (so now it is essentially a large, wide bungy cord. Then I closed the GoPro case with the band inside. Put that whole contraption on the ski boot and off I went.

Now whenever I get new boots I won't have to put on a new mount.

Cool idea. I wonder though if that strap is going to affect the water-tightness?

57stevey

It was still able to close VERY tightly. The only chance water would have to get in is if you skied through a puddle or through powder all day...but that obviously wouldn't work very well if there's knee deep powder.

Roger that... will have to try it out.