• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Clubs

catherine

I've been trying to find a ski club that is part of the Eastern Inter-Club Ski League that doesn't have high membership rates. Any suggestions? Not looking for accommodation, just the discounts. Any advice appreciated.

603Skier

CMSG (central MA ski group). $20 for the entire family has some pretty cool deals I'm in it for that reason.

darent

Connecticut ski club or ski council. Google it, they have a ski house in the parking lot of Sugarbush, I was a guest there,

steamboat1

Yeah I'm looking to join a cheap ski club just for deals. I don' want to be asked to do anything I just want the deals. It's got to be cheap or I'm not interested.

My advice join one of the clubs mentioned, my club doesn't want you.

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
I've been trying to find a ski club that is part of the Eastern Inter-Club Ski League that doesn't have high membership rates. Any suggestions? Not looking for accommodation, just the discounts. Any advice appreciated.

There are 2 clubs in EICSL you'd want to contact. Ace Ski & Board and Blitzschnell. There is contact info for both clubs on the website, www.eicsl.org. I'm President of Blitzschnell Ski Club and current VP of EICSL (also trip chair and too many other things).

Clark

catherine

Steamboat1, I guess I should have been more clear. I don't need/want a place to stay. Most of the places I have found have club houses and the costs are pretty steep for me. I have every intention of being an active member of any club that I should join.

catherine

Thanks Clark, I'll check them out.

There are 2 clubs in EICSL you'd want to contact. Ace Ski & Board and Blitzschnell. There is contact info for both clubs on the website, www.eicsl.org. I'm President of Blitzschnell Ski Club and current VP of EICSL (also trip chair and too many other things).

Clark

yeggous

I'm a member of Ace and one of the pricier clubs with a house. Several members of both Ace and Blitzschnell also are full members of clubs with houses.

It's worth noting that Ace has much better ticket deals than EICSL as a whole. This has been discussed here before:
http://www.aceskiandboardclub.org/-2015-ticket-sale/
Limited tickets will be for sale at the December meeting. We also have great door prizes including lift tickets and gear.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
What is the annual and nightly cost to members for the ski house? What are the sleeping accommodations like? Bunk rooms?

Smellytele

The issue with Ace right now is most of the deals have already sold out as yeggous said "Limited tickets will be for sale at the December meeting"

yeggous

What is the annual and nightly cost to members for the ski house? What are the sleeping accommodations like? Bunk rooms?

The house cost structure varies wildly from club to club. My club is $440 per year with no nightly cost. Some clubs are more expensive, some are cheaper but charge nightly fees of $5-10.

All clubs have the same guest fee rate of $25/night and offer discounted guest fees of $10-15/night to full members of other clubs with houses. This reciprocal discount does not apply to members of the homeless clubs like Ace and Blitzschnell and does not apply to "associate"-type members.

All clubs also require that you commit 1-2 work weekends per year to maintain the house, or you can buy out a work weekend commitment for $75/day. You should be prepared that occasionally large capital projects may require a special assessment. This is a lot like being part of a condo association. They are rare but eventually happen at most clubs.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
The house cost structure varies wildly from club to club. My club is $440 per year with no nightly cost. Some clubs are more expensive, some are cheaper but charge nightly fees of $5-10.

All clubs have the same guest fee rate of $25/night and offer discounted guest fees of $10-15/night to full members of other clubs with houses. This reciprocal discount does not apply to members of the homeless clubs like Ace and Blitzschnell and does not apply to "associate"-type members.

All clubs also require that you commit 1-2 work weekends per year to maintain the house, or you can buy out a work weekend commitment for $75/day. You should be prepared that occasionally large capital projects may require a special assessment. This is a lot like being part of a condo association. They are rare but eventually happen at most clubs.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Wow! Talk about a lot of generalizations. Every club in EICSL is different, with different dues/fees structures, work requirements and long term financial planning. The statements above may be accurate for some, but are totally inaccurate for others. The best thing is at least familiarize yourself with some of the clubs even if you decide not to join this year. While it's true EICSL has taken its members discount ticket orders for the season there have usually been at least some left overs. In addition, there are even better discounts on the 4 Saturday's we have races that are available to all EICSL members and guests staying at houses.

Anyone interested in EICSL should check out the EICSL website at www.eicsl.org or feel free to contact me at info at eicsl.org.

Clark

steamboat1

My club is $200 dues & maintenance fee, jr. members $10. We charge $24 a night lodging for members, $36 guests. Juniors under age 17 3/4 is 1/2 price. I think the jr. age cut off for guests is younger. If you attend a work weekend you get a free weekend at the house (including dinner). We also have a cook on Sat. night for dinner. Cost is $12 member $18 guest which you have to pay if sleeping in the house whether you decide to go out for dinner or not. Breakfast is included with lodging with the club supplying all the fixings, you just have to cook for yourself. The house has a commercial kitchen. We also have a dishwasher come in. Sleeping accommodations vary from rooms with queen size beds, rooms with 4-5 single beds & a couple of rooms with both single beds & bunks. A couple of the rooms with queen beds also have single beds or bunks (family rooms). Half of the rooms in the house have private bathrooms the other half shared hallway bathrooms. There is a large dining room (seats 70), large living room (with fireplace), a very large party room (with fireplace) & like I already mentioned a commercial kitchen. There is also a boot room for storing gear plus various other open spaces. The house comfortably sleeps 50 people.

edit: when I go up during the week more times than not I have the house either to myself or whoever is with me.

Last edited:

yeggous

I forgot to answer your question about accomodations. We have 21 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, plus all of the bedrooms have sinks in the room. Bedrooms sleep between 2-4 people each. There are 5 double beds, a few single twins, and mostly bunkbeds. We comfortably sleep 68-ish and are rarely full. On most weekends everyone gets their own bedroom. On quiet weekends like this one we'll probably only have a few people up.

We will bring in a chef when numbers warrant it. Otherwise we'll go out or cook dinner as a group. We're located in North Conway very close to Cranmore so there are plenty of places to eat and shop.