• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown 2007-08 Mogul Tribute

Greg

Staff member
I had some free time last night so I threw this together. I know probably many of you couldn't care less, but this is for the 2007-08 Ski Sundown bump crew:

High Res: Ski Sundown 2007-08 Mogul Tribute

YouTubage:

Thanks for all the great times everyone! This year was awesome. Only 7 more months...

MrMagic

that will be a great one to watch in aug when it's 100 deg. out.

That's one great video. I have to get there one evening next season. You guys have such a passion for the bumps, but you have to shorten your poles. A lot! It will drastcally change your bump skiing. I am 5' 10" and my poles are 42'.

Greg

Staff member
That's one great video. I have to get there one evening next season. You guys have such a passion for the bumps, but you have to shorten your poles. A lot! It will drastcally change your bump skiing. I am 5' 10" and my poles are 42'.

Hey! I'm down to 45" and I'm almost 6' 1". That's not bad, right? ;)

2knees

I'm 5' 10" and using 42" poles also. And i still walk my hands down the hill.

Beetlenut

Yes that was a great video! Makes me realize that I didn't get there enough last season. Already have some short poles, but no where to use them for another 7 months.:sad:

Greg

Staff member
wow those are some clown poles..what length pole do you use when you're running gates???:dunce:

Hey goose stomper, go try and ski some bumps with 180 someday and then tell him he uses clown poles.

Mikey1

Haven't checked in lately, but I just got to see the Sundown mogul tribute vid. Great work once again! You really captured the essence of a great bump season at Sundown.

Regarding the topic of pole length - it seems most are using shorter poles in the bumps. But what about when you are not in the bumps? Do you go back to longer poles or just use the shorter ones all mountain?

Greg

Staff member
But what about when you are not in the bumps?

Don't let this happen and there's nothing to worry about...

Seriously, I do just fine with my clown poles on the flats.

JimG.

Staff member
Haven't checked in lately, but I just got to see the Sundown mogul tribute vid. Great work once again! You really captured the essence of a great bump season at Sundown.

Regarding the topic of pole length - it seems most are using shorter poles in the bumps. But what about when you are not in the bumps? Do you go back to longer poles or just use the shorter ones all mountain?

I'm 6'2" and use 43" poles. On flats I keep them plumb to the snow surface and don't really care if I touch the snow or not.

If I want a pole touch I just increase my hip angles.

And not using a touch just helps my balance which helps every aspect of my skiing. People rely on poles for balance way too much.

So those of you with short poles..can't reach forward and pole plant unless their in bumps??? I use 50 inch poles and even 48 inchers would seem incredibly short. In bumps I do hold a little lower on the grip..

JimG.

Staff member
So those of you with short poles..can't reach forward and pole plant unless their in bumps??? I use 50 inch poles and even 48 inchers would seem incredibly short. In bumps I do hold a little lower on the grip..

Why would you reach forward? You mean like bowing? That's a back seat move.

Move your hips forward and up and increase the hip angle by flexing your external obliques. That'll bring your hand closer to the snow without reaching forward.

gmcunni

was wandering around youtube tonight and ran into this video again.. lots of good ripping going on here...