• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - Monday, 12/21/2009

Grassi21

Who's down? Steve-O, I know you have off. I am shooting for a 10am start, maybe earlier... Ski until 1or so.

Madroch

Night session for me tonight if I can get my x-mas shopping done this afternoon.

Grassi21

I'm out. I might be back on Tuesday depending on the bump situation.

Madroch

Just read the mogul plan phase 2-- if they flattened Stinger I will probably bag tonight. :sad:

MrMagic

im heading over there now, i will up date when i get back this afternoon

Greg

Staff member
Just read the mogul plan phase 2-- if they flattened Stinger I will probably bag tonight. :sad:

If it's your last opportunity to ski for a while, why not go anyway? You could always run mogul drills down Gunny...

gmcunni

If it's your last opportunity to ski for a while, why not go anyway? You could always run mogul drills down Gunny...

i don't think Gunny is open:

trails open
Easier Trails Listing: Main mountain -Tom's Treat, Over Easy, Papoose, Panhandle
Sunnyside Learning Area - Little Joe, S'no Way, Breezeway, Sensation, Big Bend
More Difficult Trails Listing: Canyon Run, Nor'easter(ungroomed), Exhibition
Most Difficult Trails Listing: Stinger (with terrain park), Temptor(ungroomed)

Greg

Staff member
i don't think Gunny is open:

trails open
Easier Trails Listing: Main mountain -Tom's Treat, Over Easy, Papoose, Panhandle
Sunnyside Learning Area - Little Joe, S'no Way, Breezeway, Sensation, Big Bend
More Difficult Trails Listing: Canyon Run, Nor'easter(ungroomed), Exhibition
Most Difficult Trails Listing: Stinger (with terrain park), Temptor(ungroomed)

I think they just forgot to list it.

Terrain Open
Total Trails/Runs: 15

They were bombing it all day yesterday and probably into the night. If it's not open right now, they have to be close.

Then he can do moguls drills on Stinger....

bvibert

Staff member

True. The website doesn't say it, but the snow phone says that Gunny is open today. :D

Madroch

I think they just forgot to list it.

They were bombing it all day yesterday and probably into the night. If it's not open right now, they have to be close.

Then he can do moguls drills on Stinger....

I'll probably still go. errr, I need to learn some mogul drills before I can do 'em? Any suggestions? Fischers are shop bound for a badly needed tune (the damage from SB was a little beyond my limited tuning skills- particularly as to the edges and one nice core shot), so I won't be "cruising".

Maybe I'll try to find a small comfy jump and see if I can't work on air a little, it needs it.

Greg

Staff member
Short tight turns, quiet upper body, head up, hand position. That's about as complex as I make it. There are probably other actual "drills" you can do, but I like to have fun when I ski too.

MrMagic

gunny is open, bumps are gone, very windy, lots of stupid pinecones on the trail

mondeo

Javelin turns - short/medium radius turns only on the downhill ski, uphill ski lifted and pointing downhill across the down hill ski.

powhunter

I'll probably still go. errr, I need to learn some mogul drills before I can do 'em? Any suggestions? Fischers are shop bound for a badly needed tune (the damage from SB was a little beyond my limited tuning skills- particularly as to the edges and one nice core shot), so I won't be "cruising".

Maybe I'll try to find a small comfy jump and see if I can't work on air a little, it needs it.

Id be happy to show you the drills that I learned at mogul camp ...theres about 3 or 4 of them....Next time out for me will be xmas eve-day

steveo

MR. evil

Id be happy to show you the drills that I learned at mogul camp ...theres about 3 or 4 of them....Next time out for me will be xmas eve-day

steveo

Now I really need to make sure I ski with you on Xmas eve. I need to see those drills.