• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Friday, 1/12/2007

Greg

Staff member
That's what I was thinking. Go for it.

Done. Thursday's the night! Looks like at least two very good nights of snowmaking temps with daytime highs only reaching the mid-30's. Based on what I've seen so far this season, I'm going to guess that we will be pleasantly surprised with the surface.

bvibert

Staff member
Done. Thursday's the night! Looks like at least two very good nights of snowmaking temps with daytime highs only reaching the mid-30's. Based on what I've seen so far this season, I'm going to guess that we will be pleasantly surprised with the surface.

Yeah, looking at it now, it looks like some good snow-making weather coming up. I still think there's a possibility to blow some tonight into tomorrow morning. It definitely looks good for Tuesday night well into Wednesday, then starting up again Wednesday evening into late morning on Thursday! Hopefully they'll be able to blow more on Thursday night, it's not looking too good after that right now... :snow:

Greg

Staff member
It seems, at least as far as Sundown goes, that this season requires sort of a day-by-day approach. Sundown in some ways benefits from having only a limited amount of terrain in that they can recover quickly. I'd like to see Gunbarrel come online, as well as the bumps on Nor'easter though. The Canyon/(flat)Nor'easter/Temptor options are starting to get a little old.

loafer89

I am down for either day, though it would be nice to have the freshest surface possible. The middle of next week looks awesome for snowmaking, we should have great skiing by then if the forecast pans out.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
A fresh fur face? :blink: I don't even want to know... :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I am down for either day, though it would be nice to have the freshest furface possible. The middle of next week looks awesome for snowmaking, we should have great skiing by then if the forecast pans out.

A fresh fur face? :blink: I don't even want to know... :lol:

Dude keep it clean! There's youngins about!! :eek:

Greg

Staff member
We're down to 40*F and falling. Hopefully they'll get a small window to start blowing tonight.

Grassi21

I was outside with the dogs and I noticed that it felt a bit colder. Every little bit of man made counts. Thursday might turn out to be pretty solid.

Greg

Staff member
Made to 28. Not sure how long it's been cold enough but hopefully they got some snow down. Tonight and Wednesday night will be strong for snowmaking and given the fact that there will be no skiers (at least tonight) they should really be able to crank it out. Thursday is the right choice of days.

bvibert

Staff member
It's 29 there right now and it got as low as 27.2 this morning.. Hopefully it was cold long enough for them to get some snow down, I kind of doubt it though...

loafer89

Woodbury made snow and still has a gun going right now, so I think that Sundown should have had the chance to make some snow being further north and higher up.

Greg

Staff member
It's 29 there right now and it got as low as 27.2 this morning.. Hopefully it was cold long enough for them to get some snow down, I kind of doubt it though...

I would bet if they got a 4+ hour window they went for it. They kind of have to with MLK Day coming up....

2knees

no kidding.

now we just need about 2 feet of snow to check it out.

Greg

Staff member
no kidding.

now we just need about 2 feet of snow to check it out.

No kidding. Wish I knew about this before as I would have scoped it out while hiking up there last summer.

Grassi21

No kidding. Wish I knew about this before as I would have scoped it out while hiking up there last summer.

Don't forget about the tree run behind the sun deck that was mentioned in the AZ Challenge.... The CT backcountry scene is sick! ;-)