• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski vid from northern Japan

bdfreetuna

The quality of the forest out there is off the chain.

You'll never get my ass on a plane to Japan without shooting me up with an elephant tranquilizer. Luckily the tree skiing in NoVT and Maine, and even Magic IMO are truly world class. A different flow and tighter for sure. And we don't see powder like that almost ever.

So I guess my "realistic dream ski destination" would be some Chic Chocs cat skiing. In reality I don't have to dream as I already feel I'm living the dream when I catch powder or nice spring conditions in northern New England or Quebec.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My cousin moved to Tokyo 3 years ago and likely will remain for life as his wife is from there. He's quite busy professionally, but does take a few weekends a year to go. Pictures he's shared are amazing. Easy access by bullet train to some incredible areas only two hours from Tokyo.

I'll make it over someday when my kids are older. I hate flying with a passion, but would make that trip once as a bucket list type scenario.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Whitey

This is my dream ski destination.

I'm with you brother.

Quick related story: My oldest son just went back to college. He struggled the first try and had to leave school, come back home and regroup. I had to give him the "this is the last time we'll be helping you to pay for it & if this doesn't work out - it's get a real job time" tough love speech before he went back to school. But I wanted to give him something positive to work for too. He grew up on a steady diet of Warren Miller & other ski films. And from watching segments like the one you posted here he got it in his brain several years ago that his bucket list ski experience was to ski in Japan. He'd bring up Japan skiing fairly frequently. So I told him that if he graduates with a degree within a reasonable amount of time that I would put together a Japan ski trip for him and me.

I am really rooting for him to get that degree. . .

Edd

So I told him that if he graduates with a degree within a reasonable amount of time that I would put together a Japan ski trip for him and me.

I am really rooting for him to get that degree. . .

FUCK yeah, that’s just awesome. I demand you post a TR when you go.