• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing After Work...

Wyatte74

How often do you go, where do you go and how long does it take you to get there?

I used to go fairly often a long long time ago...I've always lived and worked in southern CT so Powder Ridge and Southington were my go to's then I discovered Sundown and thats where I go now when I actually get out.

Almost went tonight but I got out of work (in Stamford) later than I thought I was going to so it would have been a 2 hour drive with traffic and I bailed...starting at 7 or so just wouldn't have been worth it...Oh how I miss the good ol' days

skiNEwhere

I ski before work sometimes since I work 2-10

Loveland is 35 minutes away but I don't have a season pass and have to bum the corporate season pass from a couple people I know.
Winter park and A-Basin are 55 minutes away.
Breck is 65 minutes away and Copper and Keystone are 60. Any further than that is too far for a morning trip.

I go once a week, minimum. I have to leave the parking lot by 12:30 to get to work. Sorry if you were only looking for Northeast ski areas, but you didn't specify!

Hawkshot99

I ski almost every night after work. It takes me no time to get there and I walk about 200ft out to the lift. Sometimes I go home after work and come back. Still then, it might be a 6 min drive.

I ski Jimiy Peak.

Wyatte74

I ski before work sometimes since I work 2-10

Loveland is 35 minutes away but I don't have a season pass and have to bum the corporate season pass from a couple people I know.
Winter park and A-Basin are 55 minutes away.
Breck is 65 minutes away and Copper and Keystone are 60. Any further than that is too far for a morning trip.

I go once a week, minimum. I have to leave the parking lot by 12:30 to get to work. Sorry if you were only looking for Northeast ski areas, but you didn't specify!

I'm just curious how people ski around work wherever they are but damn I wish I was out west :-/

Cornhead

Not very often anymore, night skiing has lost it's appeal to me, unless it's puking. Had a great Wednesday night at Greek Peak last week however, warm with sugary bumps. I get out of work earlier than I used to, 3, I should be able to have some fun after work this Spring, thanks for reminding me. It now stays light pretty late, I can be on the chair by 4, good for a couple hours of day skiing now, more later.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Terry

I work 15 mins from Shawnee Peak and night ski usualy 3 nights a week depending on weather. I have had some awesome powder nights this year. Hoping for some more soon!

shpride

Blue Hills is on my way home from work so I stop by when I can. I more often hit it at lunch. I get 6 runs in a half hour and then back to work. Last week I was able to go before work as well since they opened at 8:00.

MadMadWorld

Used to do it a lot when I worked closer to where I lived. I would usually go twice a week to Wachusett for a fews. It was always a good stress reliever and never had a hard time falling asleep. Getting up for work was a little harder

yeggous

I usually go every other week or so. I used to be more religious about it. Wachusett is 45 minutes, Nashoba 15 minutes, Crotched just over an hour. If it's dumping I'll go to Crotched. Wachusett if I am going with guys from work. Otherwise I'll stay home as Nashoba is just over-priced.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

I do night league racing at Wachusett. I work from home those days and live 40 mins from the mtn.

Wyatte74

I have friends that lived in Southampton back in the 90's and if it werent for all that drinking and pot smoking we did I might have had a cool Mount Tom story to tell but alas it shutdown before we ever had a "chance" :???:

jimmywilson69

Most of my ski visits are after work. It's only 10 miles from my garage to the lifts at.ski roundtop. Its nice to get out during.the week for a few hours

Savemeasammy

I did a fair amount of night skiing at Pats Peak last season, but this year I've had 3 different injuries that have basically caused me to miss out on most of the night-skiing season (the first injury was suffered while night-skiing at Pats in early January!).

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

I ski 9-1 and then work 1-10ish on work days. It gets pretty exhausting on weeks like this one when its stormy.