• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Bucket List

MadMadWorld

deadheadskier

Staff member
I agree with this, but my place would be in N. VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I definitely prefer N. VT to the MWV. MWV is just a matter of convenience from the NH seacoast. I have zero desire to leave this area for year round living, so MWV is the pick for that reason.

Savemeasammy

^I would definitely choose the MWV for a summer place - but mostly I only have eyes for winter :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
^I would definitely choose the MWV for a summer place - but mostly I only have eyes for winter :)

Its the drive difference and having a non-skiing wife. 3.5 to nVT vs under 2 to MWV. I know people drive 5+ hours to their ski homes every weekend from NYC. Just not my thing. Plus MWV would put me 2 hours from Jay if the snow sucks for awhile at Wildcat and I need a powder fix.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I actually don't mind that she doesn't ski. It allows me my time to do my own thing and her time to do hers. We spend plenty enough time together doing other things. And regarding Northern VT, I lived there for the better part of a decade. I've got plenty of spare bedrooms to crash in Stowe when I can make it up there.