• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

gotr0

Wachusett End of the season pass

Got a text alert from Wachusett for March 1 to the end of the season pass for $109.

Debating if I should go for it. I feel like this season may be shorter than last years.

wa-loaf

Got a text alert from Wachusett for March 1 to the end of the season pass for $109.

Debating if I should go for it. I feel like this season may be shorter than last years.

They usually go to the end of March. If you go three or more times it's probably worth it.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Burke - Over 55? $20 off a Tuesday ticket
Black Mountain NH – Speaking of 55… Breakfast Club - 55 and up ski all day for $20.00 includes breakfast and a black mountain travel mug.

DoubleEject

Ski cheap or stay home!

Hey Billski, I just want to share my discount stories for the VT Travel Club card. Here's my latest: I was at the ticket window of Mt Snow on Wed at 8:45am. The group sales office was closed at Sundance due to the workers being unable to make it in on time. While waiting, a guy from CT had the CSC (CT ski council) card, and said he was only paying $39 with this card and his senior discount. I responde, that is a GREAT deal with that CSC card! I was expecting to pay $42 myself, which is still good. However, he paid $45, and I only paid $34!!!

So, for those of you who ski Mt Snow a LOT, the VT Travel club card, offered by classic ski tours is the best deal at Mt Snow! The card is only $39 and you get discounts at many VT resorts. This card is just one more option I use to ski cheaply.

http://www.classicskitours.net/vermontTravel.asp

frozencorn

Hey Billski, I just want to share my discount stories for the VT Travel Club card. Here's my latest: I was at the ticket window of Mt Snow on Wed at 8:45am. The group sales office was closed at Sundance due to the workers being unable to make it in on time. While waiting, a guy from CT had the CSC (CT ski council) card, and said he was only paying $39 with this card and his senior discount. I responde, that is a GREAT deal with that CSC card! I was expecting to pay $42 myself, which is still good. However, he paid $45, and I only paid $34!!!

So, for those of you who ski Mt Snow a LOT, the VT Travel club card, offered by classic ski tours is the best deal at Mt Snow! The card is only $39 and you get discounts at many VT resorts. This card is just one more option I use to ski cheaply.

http://www.classicskitours.net/vermontTravel.asp

Love this thing.Paid $25 at the window at Magic on Wednesday.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Cheap Ski and Demo Day @ Sunapee March 6th

This belongs in both cheap and demo folders:

Cheap Ski and Demo Day @ Sunapee March 4th (corrected)

For those who like to see what is coming out for next year and want to enjoy of skiing for less check this out - Demo Day at Sunapee March 4th (corrected).

Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua is hosting a private manufacturers demo day at Sunapee on March 6. Lift tickets + demo pass is $35 and must be purchased in advance from Ken Jones. Atomic, Fischer and Dynastar are supposed to be there ... probably others as well. (Ken Jones also stocks K2, Salomon, Nordica, Stockli, Volkl and others)
http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/ order tickets here till March 2nd.

tune up coupon: http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=50

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
This belongs in both cheap and demo folders:

Cheap Ski and Demo Day @ Sunapee March 4th (corrected)

For those who like to see what is coming out for next year and want to enjoy of skiing for less check this out - Demo Day at Sunapee March 4th (corrected).

Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua is hosting a private manufacturers demo day at Sunapee on March 6. Lift tickets + demo pass is $35 and must be purchased in advance from Ken Jones. Atomic, Fischer and Dynastar are supposed to be there ... probably others as well. (Ken Jones also stocks K2, Salomon, Nordica, Stockli, Volkl and others)
http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/ order tickets here till March 2nd.

tune up coupon: http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=50

according to the website, it's March 4th, not the 6th

HD333

Sunday March 7th at Gunstock, show up in a VW and get 2 free lift tickets per car.

Drive your Volkswagen to Gunstock Mountain Resort on March 7 to receive 2 lift tickets for the day.
2 Tickets per car.

VW Appreciation Race. 2 bibs per car in package. Race for fun.

Limit first 250 VW's before noon.

Visit www.vwnh.com

patricsaint

Anyone here want to trade vouchers from the Descente Passport (40 Free Lift Tickets) jacket deal?

I have several New England ones to trade (Jay Peak, Wachusett, Hunter and others) looking for Powder Mountain, Copper, Winter Park and A-Basin.

Pm me if you want to do a trade.
Thanks

snowmonster

Great deal at Jay:

"BROKEDOWN PALACE
"Help us bid adieu to the much loved but somewhat brokedown Hotel Jay. She’s served us well over the years but seriously, it’s time. Demolition begins April 19th but in her final few days we’ll be offering rates from $59pp/pn – that includes lodging, lift tickets AND meals (breakfast & dinner). Entertain me with a poem/song/haiku/ode and you might just win yourself a free night in the Hotel Jay. Check out all the details here."

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Tax Free Vermont Sat. March 6th

If you're going to be in Vermont skiing and boarding anyways, Saturday March 6th is sales-tax free day. Many merchants are coupling this this sales, so if you've been looking for that Bogner jacket ;) it's time! :cool:

polski

Website
twitter.com
EDIT: BP tix gone

I have the following to give away to anyone who can use them. PM me with your snail mail addy and I'll send them to you:

1. First PM gets a coupon for $10 off a regular-price Bolton Valley ticket. Better deals often are found on Liftopia, but in case this helps anyone - I'm not going to be able to get back up there this year. EXPIRES 4/4/10

2. Multiple: Those CTM Media brochures mentioned earlier in this thread with numerous coupons, all EXPIRING END OF SEASON unless otherwise noted, including 2-for-1 any day for Jay (except Ontario break March 14-20), 2-for-1 any day at Smuggs, 2-for-1 weekdays at Sugarbush, 2-for-1 Sun-Fri at Whiteface, $20 off Hunter any day (expires 4/5), $10 off any day at Burke, $5 off at Nashoba (of course I forgot to bring these when I went to Nashoba last month ... D'OH), and misc. little weekday deals at Okemo, Bromley and Stratton.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ragged deals

Twofer Tuesday - $26 per person

Carload Wednesday - $99 for up to 8 people

This Thursday 3/11 - $25 tickets.

mountain is skiing great right now. The Ravine is pretty much 100% open, so if you like trees, check it out.