• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This thread is very useful but very difficult to use unfortunately.

I first learned about the Sugarbush 4-pack here. But I can't for the life of me find it again! Really, can't find it even if my life depends on it!

Pick up the ball and make an organized list! As Belushi once said "what you want for nothing, a rubber biscuit?

Domeskier

Does anyone else notice that is says $87.99 for 7 days of skiing??? Starting December 12th only. Same for 5-6 days, similar deals. This can not be missed!!

http://store.mountsnow.com/resort_detail.php?ResortId=4444&StartDate=2013-12-12&NumberOfDays=1

http://store.mountsnow.com/?utm_source=specials&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blackfriday2013#all

Oddly enough, the youth ticket is $123 dollars for the same deal. And the adult ticket is listed as being only 69% off.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Does anyone else notice that is says $87.99 for 7 days of skiing??? Starting December 12th only. Same for 5-6 days, similar deals. This can not be missed!!

http://store.mountsnow.com/resort_detail.php?ResortId=4444&StartDate=2013-12-12&NumberOfDays=1

http://store.mountsnow.com/?utm_source=specials&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blackfriday2013#all

manhattan - all the days are like that. There might be a bug in the system, I don't know, but even on the xmas-nyears week, you can get a 7 day pass for 167. $24/day. . You are right, grab it. Even if you only ski for 3 days its $50/day. You could even go away for a couple days and come back.

bdfreetuna

Got to say I love this thread. Don't often buy, but like to check out potential deals and then plan accordingly. Got 2 Sugarbush Quad Packs (home mt.) and the Mt Snow $12 tix. I've already got my base for skiing this year and plan to use Liftopia MRG and some Gore packages as I've never skied in updstate NY. Also bought the Mountain Sport Club card and got a couple of free lift tix. Plan to hit Smuggs and then head north to Jay. Let it snow!

Well planned. I have the Mountain Sports Club (where's my card though?) and it looks like I'll be getting a lot of 2-for-1's this season.

Picked up 4 tickets for Bolton Valley for $100 at the Expo and my Killington Express card. Otherwise Magic Mountain (2 for 1 and $15 Thursdays) and Liftopia will be my friend this season.

Because I'm totally broke coming into this holiday season... at least I have my "free" Killington lift ticket I can use this weekend but I feel it's going to be a slow start to my season :|

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Well planned. I have the Mountain Sports Club (where's my card though?) and it looks like I'll be getting a lot of 2-for-1's this season.

Picked up 4 tickets for Bolton Valley for $100 at the Expo and my Killington Express card. Otherwise Magic Mountain (2 for 1 and $15 Thursdays) and Liftopia will be my friend this season.

Because I'm totally broke coming into this holiday season... at least I have my "free" Killington lift ticket I can use this weekend but I feel it's going to be a slow start to my season :|

Same here, I am soooo broke, but skiing is the one thing I can not live without :) this thread is a joint effort on all of us to find the best deals. We are all here because we love to ski and need every tip we can to make it financially viable. So cool.

Cornhead

Well planned. I have the Mountain Sports Club (where's my card though?)|
You don't get a card, just log in and print your vouchers. This is a no-brainer deal, you get a cheap lift ticket to join, everything else is gravy. It's nice that the membership is good for one calender year. I joined last February to get a $30 Saddleback ticket, I can print vouchers until this February. The best is the Jay BOGO good every day but Saturday. Early season Magic and Smuggs too. I think they changed Plattekill from a twofer to buy one get one half off, but I'm not sure, it may have been that before.

dlague

You don't get a card, just log in and print your vouchers. This is a no-brainer deal, you get a cheap lift ticket to join, everything else is gravy. It's nice that the membership is good for one calender year. I joined last February to get a $30 Saddleback ticket, I can print vouchers until this February. The best is the Jay BOGO good every day but Saturday. Early season Magic and Smuggs too. I think they changed Plattekill from a twofer to buy one get one half off, but I'm not sure, it may have been that before.

I still like the RSNE card better than the Mountain Sports Club due to the Saturday 2 fers, Jay Peak and Pico Sunday - Friday 2 fers and a bunch of mid week 2 fers. I used to get the MSC membership just for the lift ticket! Might still consider it but we already have a lot going with the Fox 44 deal, Ski Vermont passes, RSNE card, movie 2 fers etc.

ScottySkis

I still like the RSNE card better than the Mountain Sports Club due to the Saturday 2 fers, Jay Peak and Pico Sunday - Friday 2 fers and a bunch of mid week 2 fers. I used to get the MSC membership just for the lift ticket! Might still consider it but we already have a lot going with the Fox 44 deal, Ski Vermont passes, RSNE card, movie 2 fers etc.

That great for mid week. But weekend warriors not so much.

abc

Pick up the ball and make an organized list!
Guess what? I had! For my own use last year.

It's a lot more organized. Can be sorted and searched in different ways. It's entirely tailored for my own taste! :)

(don't need such deals this year)

As Belushi once said "what you want for nothing, a rubber biscuit?
I have made my self a soft & fuffy biscuit with gravy. But everyone else who doesn't have the exact requirement as me, it's still only a rubber biscuit. ;-)

Wally Brown

I always like the Vertical Value Card at Attitash and Wildcat. $89 for your first ticket; so, basically $19. After that pay half price midweek, save 25% weekends and 10% holidays (which I don't ski anyway, except maybe MLK day). For variety You can always find Tuesday-Thursday deals and liftopia is great. Also; check with friends, I get some cheap tickets at work that are totally transferable.

dlague

That great for mid week. But weekend warriors not so much.

We use the RSNE card every Saturday with the exception of one or two. If we have nothing to use on Sundays then we have the option of Jay Peak or Pico 2 fers. So for this weekend warrior it helps a great deal! Last year we skied Pats Peak, Sugarbush, Saddleback, Ragged, Waterville, Jay Peak, Bolton Valley, Burke, Attitash, and Wildcat which were all on Saturdays. We skied Jay Peak twice on Sundays. All of these with the exception of two were 2 fers! We got one midweek day in at Mount Snow as. 2 fer. I think I easily covered the $75 (3 cards). Saved over $1400 just on weekends and one midweek for my family. I will take it!

BTW we missed two saturdays - Magic and Mount Abram!