• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Just curious, How were conditions ?

Montage had 2 very nice runs open, a black that was groomed (cannonball) and a double black (boomer) that was ungroomed amd is one of my fav PA runs. Each had received a few inches fresh the nice before, and boomer had small soft bumps that were powdery enough that snow was spraying above my knees as my made my turns. Did about 2/3 of my runs on Boomer and 1/3 on cannonball. Crowds so sparse that I never shared a chair unless by choice. Couldn't ask for a better day this early in the season in PA.

There were also a green and blue open that I skied once each which also had a nice soft surface.

chuckstah

For you Mt. Bohemia passholders...

I used mine on Saturday at Bolton Valley. I showed the guy at the outside ticket window the PDF on my phone and mentioned the Freedom Pass. He grabbed a supervisor and she showed him what to do. It was nearly 10AM and they were busy but it still went smoothly and only took a couple of minutes total. They didn't even want to see my ID. They took my name and email address and then gave me a ticket. The ticket said "partner mountain" or something to that effect.

This was my first day of the season and first time at BV and it was great despite being relatively crowded. Friendly staff. The Vista lift did break down around midday but they got it going again fairly quickly. I look forward to using my other Freedom Pass days there, hopefully with a bit more of the mountain open later in the season.
I used my Freedom Pass today at the mighty Mcyntire to get out locally for a couple hours. No issues at the window. Just showed my printout and it took maybe 2 minutes for them to look up my name. There seems to be a good system in place. No ID was needed. I won't comment on the actual skiing, all 200 vertical feet of it!

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

I used my Freedom Pass today at the mighty Mcyntire to get out locally for a couple hours. No issues at the window. Just showed my printout and it took maybe 2 minutes for them to look up my name. There seems to be a good system in place. No ID was needed. I won't comment on the actual skiing, all 200 vertical feet of it!

What, no pics?! Hey, at least the price was right, and you have two more visits!

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Here you go Cornhead. Epic.
7fc2241e7a1f9eaf9fb3576dd48ac89c.jpg

xwhaler

I have two McIntrye vouchers from the WM movie this yr in Manchester. I plan to try and use at least one of them for some night turns this yr. Have never been but for a couple hrs after work and free/paid for I'm down.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Funny to think about this now but 19 years ago, our son took private lessons there - price was right. I had also been away from skiing for 12 years so I got my skiing life started again there. Living around Manchester at the time, it served it's purpose. We also brought our other boys there a few times early on. Our youngest skied there a few times with his cousin.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

For those of you that possibly can use these I pulled together a list of 2 for 1 opportunities with The Ride and Ski Card. Another thread made me think about this.

Crotched Mountain

2 for 1 lift ticket, Mon. to Fri., non-holiday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
or
FREE Youth lift ticket (17 & under) with purchase of full day Adult lift ticket. Valid: Mon.-Fri. & Sunday, non-holiday
Ragged Mountain
2-for-1 Sun-Fri non-holiday
Waterville Valley
2-for-1 Sunday–Friday at the Ticket Window, non-holiday
Whaleback Mountain
2-for-1 on full day tickets 7 days a week
Bolton Valley
$39.00 lift tickets any day including holidays (Not 2 fer but good deal)
Jay Peak
2-1 Sunday–Friday non-holiday

frostyfreeze

Used the Bohemia/Freedom Pass at Dartmouth Skiway today. It took less than a minute. Told them I wanted to use the Freedom Pass and showed my printout and ID. The lady at the ticket counter remarked "there are a bunch of you, was there a bus or something?" I didn't volunteer any more info with my NH drivers license...

My first time here and it is great. I posted on a trip report from yesterday. If you see a tall guy in black with a bright yellow-green helmet, say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Used the Bohemia/Freedom Pass at Dartmouth Skiway today. It took less than a minute. Told them I wanted to use the Freedom Pass and showed my printout and ID. The lady at the ticket counter remarked "there are a bunch of you, was there a bus or something?" I didn't volunteer any more info with my NH drivers license...

My first time here and it is great. I posted on a trip report from yesterday. If you see a tall guy in black with a bright yellow-green helmet, say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I used my Bohemia there yesterday also. The woman stated that I was the sixth person, whereas only 2 from Bolton had redeemed. I also volunteered no additional info. I would think the resorts on this pass, most of which operate well under capacity, would want the extra traffic. Hopefully most people will spend on food/beverage, rentals ,retail or lessons while there.

SnoDevil97

Sunday @ Crotched Mtn (NH) - kids pay their age.

Looks like Mt Snow the same, an in-between weekend (xmas break & MLK) to bring crowds.